babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Car wash machines ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Size-wise, can an Evoque 5 door go through a car wash ??
I used to take my D3 through one so I see no reason why the evoque wouldn't fit!!
I wouldnt dream of putting any of my cars through a car wash. too risky.
Why would you even want to know that!!!!
There are numerous stories of Evoque's having their rear spoiler ripped off in these automated car washes.
Be careful.
Invest in a decent wash mit and a couple of buckets.
Washed my coupe on numerous occasion and didnt seem to have any problems so far
If you value your paintwork I would stick to a hand wash.
(07-06-2012 04:01pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]If you value your paintwork I would stick to a hand wash.

+1, but sadly some people don't have any choice. We here in Germany are forbidden from washing cars at home so it has to go through the wash. It will fit fine; you might think its big for its class, but an X5 or ML is wider, and in terms of height it is no greater than an s-max.

I would say from experience that I don't think the paint is as car wash robust as German brands. I have a met black FL2 and it suffered from lots of swirl marks quite quickly. Sadly another reason for chosing a white or silver car in Germany as it hides lots of stratches (well from a couple of feet away at least).
(07-06-2012 03:17pm)mickydd Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you even want to know that!!!!
There are numerous stories of Evoque's having their rear spoiler ripped off in these automated car washes.
Be careful.

+1
(07-06-2012 03:17pm)mickydd Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you even want to know that!!!!
Be careful.

+1 Idea
Never, never, NEVER do it !
Destroys the paint, can damage spoiler and wash the car very badly !

Spend some more EUR for a proper wash Smile

BR : MM
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's