babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: WhatCar? Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A generally good review (damming with faint praise). No mention of fuel economy. .... and then a rather surprising 5*'s at the end.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/range-ro...iew/258129

I would like to see a non UK review.
(13-07-2011 12:41pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]A generally good review (damming with faint praise). No mention of fuel economy. .... and then a rather surprising 5*'s at the end.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/range-ro...iew/258129

I would like to see a non UK review.

Cheers for posting these links. Are the online articles the same as the ones in the magazines or are they more comprehensive?
About the interior:

"The materials are more Land Rover than Range Rover, but that's not to say the fascia doesn't feel premium. The dashboard top surfaces use a padded cloth, with contrast stitching; it looks luxurious enough to warrant the posher badge. Nastier, harder plastics are present - but in the most part they are restricted to elements that are out of everyday line of sight."

Freelander 2 has an interior which is far from being luxurious ... Not impressed.
(13-07-2011 01:43pm)Gorjan Wrote: [ -> ]About the interior:

"The materials are more Land Rover than Range Rover, but that's not to say the fascia doesn't feel premium. The dashboard top surfaces use a padded cloth, with contrast stitching; it looks luxurious enough to warrant the posher badge. Nastier, harder plastics are present - but in the most part they are restricted to elements that are out of everyday line of sight."

Freelander 2 has an interior which is far from being luxurious ... Not impressed.

I think they are talking more Discovery than Freelander here. However when reviewers have a Prestige there is nothing but praise for the interior (even if they think they are driving a Dynamic).
The materials were one of my main reasons to get the Prestige, so nothing new in the review.
That doesn't mean the Pure / Dynamic finishes are bad, not at all.
(13-07-2011 01:10pm)Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Are the online articles the same as the ones in the magazines or are they more comprehensive?

Usually less comprehensive. For example there is quite a bit of supplementary information in the Autocar magazine (sort of what you would expect really otherwise why buy the magazine) that’s not online - comparisons with the X3 for example. I must say the TG Magazine review despite its length really didn't tell me anything more than the program ..... again no fuel consumption figures that I could find.... so really so far only Autocar has done what I would consider a proper road test. Mind you Carbuyer showed you can drive over a speed bump at 30mph without spilling a drink – so AD has justified its existence in that one manoeuvre in my book.
BTW the "Compare 3 cars" section at WhatCar? has the Evoque ........ back again.
When I saw the trick with the cup, my first reaction was that it looked quite fake. Maybe it was just badly filmed / cut...
A rather more in depth review from the site. Again all cars in the photos have 19" wheels - including the Dynamics. However it does mention that 20" wheels create more road noise in the review - so at least they have driven one with 20" wheels fitted.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/land-...ew/25963-3
So they drove Dynamic. Probably with AD as it is standard in UK, still they say there is quite a body roll. The refinment is not geeat obviosly, having wind and road noise.

It would be nice to read some non UK review.
Reference URL's