babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Autocars drive review for the Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't forget, Autocars drive review for the Evoque out tom..

Digital download available from midnight.
(12-07-2011 02:09pm)cutter7 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget, Autocars drive review for the Evoque out tom..

Digital download available from midnight.
Here is the link Folks
Autocar Evoque Test
The comments make good reading! Generally utter contempt for the car. I'm trying to figure out what sort of people they are (given they all seem to be pretty much identical to each other...!)
(13-07-2011 09:58am)SW6RR Wrote: [ -> ]The comments make good reading! Generally utter contempt for the car. I'm trying to figure out what sort of people they are (given they all seem to be pretty much identical to each other...!)

The video review is quite good too.

Dave
(13-07-2011 09:58am)SW6RR Wrote: [ -> ]The comments make good reading! Generally utter contempt for the car. I'm trying to figure out what sort of people they are (given they all seem to be pretty much identical to each other...!)

BMW & Audi employees perhaps???
(13-07-2011 10:31am)HA54SYM Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

What did you make of the fuel economy? They reckon the combined for the SD4 is 30mph and not 44mph (in the RR literature)
(13-07-2011 10:58am)richardk Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

What did you make of the fuel economy? They reckon the combined for the SD4 is 30mph and not 44mph (in the RR literature)
Bet it was a tight engine and given a right thrashing!
Ireckon it takes 10,000 miles to get the best economy out of a diesel
(13-07-2011 12:16pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-07-2011 10:58am)richardk Wrote: [ -> ]

Dave

Bet it was a tight engine and given a right thrashing!
Ireckon it takes 10,000 miles to get the best economy out of a diesel

put a 8 speed ZF gearbox on that thing and watch the refinement and economy improve ....... I feel LR have skimped on the gear box technology....

sodl the car more on emotion and logic, as the Jag has the same 8 speed ZF mated to the same engine
Good review. I personally think the car is a little over priced considering it's quite similar to the Freelander. Agree re: gearbox but a ZF 8 speed is expensive and relatively new - it's only been in the Range Rover since MY11 an is only going into the D4 and RRS for MY12. I dont think it'll be too long before we see the 3.0 TDV6 in the Evoque with ZF 8 speed.
(13-07-2011 03:45pm)FFRR Wrote: [ -> ]Good review. I personally think the car is a little over priced considering it's quite similar to the Freelander. Agree re: gearbox but a ZF 8 speed is expensive and relatively new - it's only been in the Range Rover since MY11 an is only going into the D4 and RRS for MY12. I dont think it'll be too long before we see the 3.0 TDV6 in the Evoque with ZF 8 speed.

If you price up a freelander you'll find the premium for the evoque isn't really as much as you'd expect.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's