babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Black Badge!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I pick up my Evoque Dynamic this Wednesday! I have asked for the car to be de-badged, including the red evoque badge. The reason being is I have an orkney grey with black Pano. roof and wanted the black Evoque badge for the back so it's all colour coordinated. Seems like a reasonable request I hear you say, but not for LR. Apparantly it's not possible to put a black badge on a Dynamic. So I asked if I could buy the badge myself and fit it, again no was the reply.
So can someone prove my 'jobs worth' dealer wrong and point me in the direction of someone who can?
(21-05-2012 09:45pm)Ironsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I pick up my Evoque Dynamic this Wednesday! I have asked for the car to be de-badged, including the red evoque badge. The reason being is I have an orkney grey with black Pano. roof and wanted the black Evoque badge for the back so it's all colour coordinated. Seems like a reasonable request I hear you say, but not for LR. Apparantly it's not possible to put a black badge on a Dynamic. So I asked if I could buy the badge myself and fit it, again no was the reply.
So can someone prove my 'jobs worth' dealer wrong and point me in the direction of someone who can?

People will think you have a 'tarted up' Pure! Why would you want that???

I for one Commend LR for their stance, it's what BMW do to stop people making their cars something they aren't! That is one of my Pet Hates!! Evil
Just order one from another dealer.........
Paint the red one........Wink
I am having some problems with my parts department at the moment, which is a shame because I have always received good service. I asked for a price for illuminated tread plates for a 5dr. LRs RRP £300 inc VAT my dealers price, bearing in mind ladies and gents this is with discount................................... £390.

Also asked about swapping single exhaust for twin exhaust (@THEMACS - because I think it looks better not because I want it to be something it's not and how LR advertised it for so many months) and can't be done was the answer. A pm to Dan at duckworths and it's a straight swap. So as it stands Stratstone Cupar are going to loose out on a fair bit of cash.
I got my spare Evoque & SD4 badge set from Duckworths £18.00 ?
It doesn't come as the one in my picture

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-DB-special-edition
Check out OG with black letters.
There is nothing that can't be done just depends on how much you're prepared to spend in my experience..........
Would love to find an Evoque Si4 badge in black....

Any ideas?
(22-05-2012 09:51am)evoquemayne Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to find an Evoque Si4 badge in black....

Any ideas?

I looked high & low for these badges in black. Ended up making my own.
Wet & dry sandpaper,plastic Primer spray, gloss black car spray,IPA panel wipes & 3m vehicle tape Very Happy
Duckworths can sell you the badge set, it comes with the "Evoque" badge £18.00+vat. So you can then give it a go or ask a local body shop.
Ofcourse you can buy the badge - dealers really do like to talk a load of nonsense!!

Call any of the dealers who sponsor the site or Nick at Yeovil Land Rover who will give forum members 20% discount on LR parts!

Here is the part number -> LR032334
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's