babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Moving Car seat!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

I seem to have a random problem, that may be down to some pressing the wrong buttons.

I am using two settings on the evoque electric memory seats - mine and the wife's which is higher and very close to the steering wheel. Sometimes when I lock up and come back to the car, the seat has moved to my wife's seat position and I have to press the seat memory button to put it back again. (and to be able to fit in!)

Any ideas why this happens?

Also when I wash the car with the keys in my pocket, the car keeps locking and unlocking. I think its caused by the water over the door handles, but it does seem very random.

Any one else get this?

Ta

Martyn
Is your wife going for a sneeky drive without you knowing?
(18-05-2012 08:41am)Martynk Wrote: [ -> ]Also when I wash the car with the keys in my pocket, the car keeps locking and unlocking. I think its caused by the water over the door handles, but it does seem very random.
Mine does this, very annoying!!

Can't help with the seat though.... do you guys use both keys? (ie is one defaulting as a result of using a different key!)
Apparently it is not clever enough to know the difference between the keys.

The locking whilst you are washing problem used to annoy me, but now I put my keys on the drivers seat so it can't lock the door.
(18-05-2012 11:25am)3V0QU3 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently it is not clever enough to know the difference between the keys.

It's poor for a supposedly sophisticated car, when many cars with keyless go had this function years ago. The only answer I've come up with is to use the third setting for an arbitrary position which is far enough back for both drivers on entry, although you both have to remember to press it on exit. I use this instead of relying on 'easy entry', as that moves my seat so imperceptibly that it's just not worth using.
The door locking problem.
Have you tried opening, then closing the drives door once you have unlocked it.
On a car without keyless entry, this will stop the car from locking itself. But as I don't have the keyless system I'm not sure, but worth given it a go anyway.
(18-05-2012 05:26pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]The door locking problem.
Have you tried opening, then closing the drives door once you have unlocked it.
On a car without keyless entry, this will stop the car from locking itself. But as I don't have the keyless system I'm not sure, but worth given it a go anyway.

This is what you need to do the water is activating the car to look for the key - because this is in your pocket the doors will unlock. Then because you do not open a door it will auto relock.

Mark.
And I thought it was just mine!
Only happened four or five times in 5 months of ownership.
I'm the only driver and my memory has the seat on its lowest position.
Getting back into the car the seat had moved so just fixed by using the memory.
Then, the other day got in and on starting the engine I was propelled upwards till I was crushed(nice and gently) against the headlining. Seat position would have suited one of Snow Whites seven friends.
I was about to get the yellow pages out to find a priest for an exorcism when my dealer suggested seeing if the easy entry/exit function was on. It was. Switched it off and so far no more weirdness. Maybe that having the seat in the lowest position to start confused the poor little bugger, it is a computer after all!
you let someone else drive...????!!!
My driving seat it set so that it always moves back and down when you switch the car off and then moves back to the last known setting when you get in and start it up.

Would that help?????
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's