babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Front windshield wiper 'park' position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After picking up my RRE 2 days ago, I fell in love with EVERYTHING about it - except the position of the passenger side wiper when not in use. It seems like the wiper sits WAY too high on the windshield. By looking at the picture, does it look like it is in the correct position to anyone? This is NOT the winter position - this is the wiper in the normal 'off' position.
If anyone with a LHD Evoke would take a pic of their wiper in the normal 'off' position I would appreciate it! My dealer says it does seem a bit high, but they don't have any other RRE to compare it to.
Thanks in advance!
(16-05-2012 01:20am)miller4isu Wrote: [ -> ]After picking up my RRE 2 days ago, I fell in love with EVERYTHING about it - except the position of the passenger side wiper when not in use. It seems like the wiper sits WAY too high on the windshield. By looking at the picture, does it look like it is in the correct position to anyone? This is NOT the winter position - this is the wiper in the normal 'off' position.
If anyone with a LHD Evoke would take a pic of their wiper in the normal 'off' position I would appreciate it! My dealer says it does seem a bit high, but they don't have any other RRE to compare it to.
Thanks in advance!

heres a picture but idk if it will help, if you need a close up ill only be able to do it tonight

let me know
It looks like it has the wrong wiper arm
That was actually one of the thoughts we had too - maybe they got put back on the wrong side when the dealer removed them for the pre-delivery detailing?
(16-05-2012 07:28am)andrey1302 Wrote: [ -> ]heres a picture but idk if it will help, if you need a close up ill only be able to do it tonight

let me know

Thanks Andrey, a close up would certainly help!
Thanks again
It looks like it is set to the Winter Wipe Position, this can be changed in the Vehicle Settings Menu. But becareful NOT To Lift the passenger wipe too high as it will catch against the bonnet!!!
(16-05-2012 01:54pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it is set to the Winter Wipe Position, this can be changed in the Vehicle Settings Menu. But becareful NOT To Lift the passenger wipe too high as it will catch against the bonnet!!!

Nope, not set to winter position - winter position actually sets the wiper HIGHER than this. This is the normal 'off' position of the wiper (normal for MY RRE, anyway)
(16-05-2012 02:34pm)miller4isu Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, not set to winter position - winter position actually sets the wiper HIGHER than this. This is the normal 'off' position of the wiper (normal for MY RRE, anyway)

Mine is lower than yours, but not by much - it sits just on the edge of the blacked-out area (and even that seems too high to me when, seemingly, it could down almost out of sight).

Maybe they can simply be removed from the spline (if that's how they're fitted) and re-positioned that way.
(16-05-2012 04:12pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe they can simply be removed from the spline (if that's how they're fitted) and re-positioned that way.

Unfortunately not - as you can see in the picture, if the wiper was any lower, the lowest edge (toward the middle of the car) would actually rub on the plastic below the windshield.
It's almost like there is too much of an angle in the wiper arm...............
Looks like you got a rhd wiper arm, it looks bent the wrong way
It looks like it the correct arm, but just not set in the correct position. But you say that it would hit the bonnet edge if any lower. Very strange Confused
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's