babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: SD Prestige Mauritius Blue manual - arrived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 6 months and one week I've finally taken delivery of my RRE - it is, of course lovely. So much has been written by other happy owners - so instant thoughts having transitioned out of high spec Audi A5 Cabrio, a 2 week rental of a Ford Kuga and a weekend with an FL2.

1) Ride quality is good - slightly firm with a trade off that the handling is quick - hot hatch style

2) It's quiet, having had the Kuga and FL2 - I've acquired a liking for sitting higher up so can see over the door mirrors which do provide a fantastic view rearwards,

3) The 825w Meridian is good - but right now I'd say that it isn't as good as the B&O was in the Audi.

4) The Satnav is surprisingly easy to use - and really quite sophisticated, OK it lacks the 3D terrain rendering of the Audi's 3G MMI - but does list the next 3 junctions/service areas ahead on the motorway (freeway) like the 2G RNS-E Audi system did and was omitted in the 3G version. Entering a postcode/town or streetname appears to have a 1 second lag - it is actually attempting fuzzing logic matching - so hitting the 'List' button early reveals that it has usually guessed correctly.

5) Cameras/Reverse cam appear instantly - no lag or delay, the surround bit seems a bit of novelty right now.

6) The Vibe interior is a actually not black but more a charchoal grey and looks gorgeous, rich, deep and very pleasing to the eye. I did originally order Element.Cirrus and the changed fearful of the implications of looking after a light coloured interior when my primary hobby is outside in all weathers. In the long six month wait I agonised over whether it was going to be too dark - and added a Pano roof - which really makes the interior feel very special indeed - advice (relentless pressure from other members on this board) was a major factor here. The Ebony headliner just completes and unifies the warm visual sensation.

7) The Style4 wheels are very chunky and look right - and should be easy to clean too.

It's filthy now so will be to clean at the weekend and will post images then.
Good stuff...!!!
Pleased that you have it at last Straydox - and look forward to seeing the pictures.
Congratulations straydox and excellent choice of alloys.
Congrats Straydox, would love to see some pics of your mauritius blue.
Congrats !!
Congratulations. Welcome to the exclusive few Smile
Thanks all still haven't washed it...and I haven't see another Mauritus Blue RRE either....you are so right Peet!

Noticed today a lot of dust - bodyshop dust on the left rear parcel shelf support (great PDI and clean Guy Salmon, not!) and masking tape at the top of the tailgate aperture adjacent to inside edge of the spoiler - also covering the cables in that area. I therefore suspect there was paint rectification done before it reached me. I can't see exactly where though....

The 825w Meridian is growing on me - it is subtle, detailed sound - I think I may have been a little harsh on the sound quality - it might even be better than the B&O...

Absolutely love the manual gearbox shift - the gate arrangement is VERY close together - in the 1970s Ford used to do short-shift upgrades for the rear-wheel drive RS models - it feels exactly the same and is a pleasure to use.

Camera update - sometimes the reverse camera appears instantly and at other's it's a no show - I think it depends on which screen is in use at the time - but I'm not sure.
Great that you have your car at last Straydox. It seems you waited a very long time to me.
Congrats to you Very Happy. We don't mind dirty pictures lol Rolling Eyes
Reference URL's