babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque on top gear tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
From description of tonights show:

James May tests the toughness of the new Range Rover Evoque by driving it through Death Valley, and then gauges its stylishness by using it to chauffeur a global megastar across Las Vegas.
I enjoyed him driving me to Vegas Smile
Evoque on Top Gear now Smile
Well, that answers that question about getting into the back in the coupe - they still haven't fixed it! Come on LR, do something before u release them to the public!
I thought they praised the Evoque quite well!
Come on guys, more info, some of us have to wait for it to be on the net
Thought it was good, but they seemed to brush over it quite quickly once back in the studio.

Got the price wrong for the Prestige as James said it started at £43k.
I want one even more now despite the lack of a decent desert in Shropshire. Mine is a 5 door though
Very well received....Dynamic looked the business IMO.
(10-07-2011 09:11pm)Tony_T Wrote: [ -> ]Come on guys, more info, some of us have to wait for it to be on the net

Main points:-

The car was much more capable than it needed to be (off road). Drove at 70 mph along a river bed - adaptive dynamics seemed to be doing a very good job. The ride was very smooth.
He thought the HiFi was good (not sure if it was the standard one or not).
They showed the surround cameras and the suspension monitoring software – he liked those.
He said the car felt like a real Range Rover because it felt special.
They showed the car "handshake" on start up – gear lever / dials etc..
It showed the ambient lighting - nicely. I think it shows that the edges of speakers light up at night as well - it may have been reflections – but looked cool.

Re the £43K comment I think he meant a Prestige like this - ie with AD, Pano roof, surround cameras etc. comes in at £43k which is about right (mine does)
All in all very positive - apart from the time it took the seat to move forward on the Coupe and the size of the door mirrors (too big... is that a problem.....) Oh and rear seat space.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's