babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: iPod compatability?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Newbie here, we picked up our new Evoque a couple of months ago (red Pure model - will post a full purchase report soon! Smile ).

Can anyone confirm if the new iPod nano will work with the Evoque please? We've got an old iPod "classic" model, but it isn't recognised by the USB (although it will charge it, so the port works).

I want to be sure before I buy one as it is being purchased solely for use in the car.

Cheers!

Paul.
How odd, I'm using a 30gb Ipod classic and is working fine, I've just double checked and my ipod works using both usb ports.

I'd have a word with your dealer.
Its an old ipod though - about 5 years old, they weren't labelled "classic" back then, but thats the type of model. I'm pretty sure it's age related..
I got mine in 2005.

It is not labelled either but it looks like the 'classic'
I've got a new'ish nano ( about a month old, 16g ) works fine in the iPod USB but not in the normal USB for some reason ( front & rear )
EvoKing, this is mine (albeit in black). Is that the same of yours? 5th gen, 2005 model.

If so, I'll go testing at the dealers next time I pass...

[Image: 389px-Ipod_5th_Generation_white_rotated.png]

Cheers!
Yep that's mine, which is also in Black.

I'm using English as my languageLaughingLaughing
Do you know if it will play movie files from an iPod Classic?
(09-06-2012 03:14pm)rhysadams Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if it will play movie files from an iPod Classic?

It won't - you will need to encode your movies as DivX and store on a USB device - then it works beautifully.
I'm having the same issue with an 'old' (4th or 5th gen) 32GB iPod. It plugs in OK but despite the 'do not disconnect' message coming onto the iPod screen, the car says the iPod is not connected. Has anyone overcome these issues, or am I going to have to invest in a new iPod?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's