babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Calling all cyclists!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Evoque arrives in 2 weeks! I am having the LR roof rails fitted. I plan to order the LR crossbars too, but I'm reluctant to order the LR roof mounted bike carriers when I have two perfectly good Thule ProRide 591 bike carriers already. So my question to the forum is are the LR crossbars to wide to fit the Thule bike carriers???
i believe LR stuff is rebranded Thule stuff anyway

Thule would be able to tell you, they helped a Freel2 member when he needed new items for a ski carrier with help on parts numbers and the items themselves and were they could be obtained from

just looked up the thread on freel2 and he was put in contact with the chap below by Thule

""Contact Roland at Exeter Roof Racks Tel:01404 823 990. He is the official Thule Spares Guru and he'll have the right parts with you in 48hrs (he has direct access to Thule UK HQ just up the road). Cross reference with him the Thule products against LR in case there has been recent updates!!""
im also waiting for my evoque this june, is there a way to carry a mt bike without a roof mounted rack? will an mtb fit inside the trunk with rear seats folded?

i dont bike as much as before, so fitting a tow hitch rack or a roofrack is unnecessary for me.
(08-05-2012 12:28pm)Ironsfan Wrote: [ -> ]My Evoque arrives in 2 weeks! I am having the LR roof rails fitted. I plan to order the LR crossbars too, but I'm reluctant to order the LR roof mounted bike carriers when I have two perfectly good Thule ProRide 591 bike carriers already. So my question to the forum is are the LR crossbars to wide to fit the Thule bike carriers???

No problem. You just need to get the carriers adapted to the "T" track system rather than the "U" clamps. Has worked no problem on my Halfords Thule patterned copies.

Just search on the threads as this is discussed in much detail already. I have the LR cross bars, but in hindsight I have thought I might have been better going for the Thule slide bar system and the 757 footpack kit. The evidence on the forum is that the 757 footpack does fit, although it is not designated as the kit on the Thule website. and then the slide bars make loading and unloading so much easier.

I may very well change myself!
Reference URL's