babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hire car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of the blue (and by no means definite yet) I may have a agreed a sale on my current car. The problem with this is that it will leave me without a car for around a month until my Evoque is ready.

Any advice on good deals to hire a car for this period?

Alternatively, has anyone been able to get the LR dealer to lend them a car for a short time whilst waiting for delivery?

Thanks.
I've been in the same position - my supplying dealer hadn't got a vehicle to lend me so I rented a Ford Focus/Astra from Enterprise Renta-a-car. There weren't any of the class of car I'd ordered available on the day - but they had a Ford Kuga which I negotiated a price on - barely more than the Astra/Focus deal.....still the wrong side of £300 for 2 weeks. The dealer knows now that if the RRE is a no show (was made last week and I have a VIN for it) by Friday of this week then they need to find me a car.
Budget for two months...!
I also sold my car before the arrival of my RRE, and my delaer (in the US) offered to loan me a car (a Lexus) for 2 weeks.
Enterprise. I tend to 15-20 per day for a Polo/Astra with them. Speak to your local branch (or a couple of them) direct rather than main sales number. Then buy an annual car hire excess insurance policy for £40 per year (covers whole of Europe) BIG savings to be made as enterprise charge 10 pounds a day for it.

http://www.carhireexcess.com/
http://www.theaa.com/insurance/car-hire-...rance.html
Thanks for the replies..... Especially the tip re excess insurance. Much appreciated.
Be careful of the annual excess policy. The one I have had excluded a hire within 150 miles of your home address.
(08-05-2012 11:22am)Rossy100 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of the blue (and by no means definite yet) I may have a agreed a sale on my current car. The problem with this is that it will leave me without a car for around a month until my Evoque is ready.

Any advice on good deals to hire a car for this period?

Alternatively, has anyone been able to get the LR dealer to lend them a car for a short time whilst waiting for delivery?

Thanks.
I sold my car on the 7th May and my build for the new car is now the 15th May and delivery later on in the Month.
I had told Pentland Edinburgh of my plight with out a car, and as long as I got insurance they gave me a loan of Freelander2 with only 14 miles on the clock, now that is what I call customer service
Reference URL's