babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Call Contact -- feature not available, please take a hike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the SWYS (say what you see) menu, there is an phone option to call contact, but my Evoque tells me to take a hike when I try to say this command. Feature not available. What gives?
IIRC you need to send up some 'contacts' (ie attaching a vocal "wife" to a phonebook number) which, again IIRC, is somewhere in the voice / phone setup. Will check in morning.
I have phone voicetags, which work fine, but call contact does not work. Feature unavailable. I think you can only get to that feature from SWYS.
Mine works perfectly, both 'Call contact' as well as 'Dial Voicetag' - the latter being the one where you record a tag. Two things to note, for 'Call contact' to work you must share your phone contacts with the car (think it uploads them?) and secondly when you've made some changes to your contacts you may find that straight off the bat when you start the car it will tell you 'feature not available currently' - I think it's because it's busy syncing the contacts with the car first. Normally takes a minute or so before available again. I use an iPhone if that makes a difference.
Ah, looks like I'm confusing the two. Not with car at mo so will have a play later.
(04-05-2012 10:53am)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine works perfectly, both 'Call contact' as well as 'Dial Voicetag' - the latter being the one where you record a tag. Two things to note, for 'Call contact' to work you must share your phone contacts with the car (think it uploads them?) and secondly when you've made some changes to your contacts you may find that straight off the bat when you start the car it will tell you 'feature not available currently' - I think it's because it's busy syncing the contacts with the car first. Normally takes a minute or so before available again. I use an iPhone if that makes a difference.

I have a Blackberry and it works exactly the same way...
Reference URL's