babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Auto Express eD4 Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or has AE made a bit of a c£&ck up? They keep harping on about the pure level trim in their test model being of more than adequate quality and being virtually indistinguishable from the 'pricier' models. However on closer inspection it looks like this is the more expensive model ie a prestige!! The exterior has the more metallic silver trims and metallic grill. And the interior pics show leather seats with contrasting stitching and leather dash! None of these features are available on pure as far as I am aware? The review is good enough but i think they've seriously messed up here.
(27-04-2012 05:31pm)Jonathon555 Wrote: [ -> ]http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Ed4-part-...y-interior

Not sure if this the same article? This was comparison with Volvo cs60 and Audi q3. Besides this thread seems to be concerned with the whole half leather thing. I was just pointing out that even if you could spec the pure ed4 as leather, it wouldn't be the prestige leather trim with stitching and leather dash etc. totally wrong specs there. Also the exterior doesn't look pure. As pointed out, the whole tone of this article is to point out how similar the pure vehicle is to prestige etc. however it IS essentially a prestige vehicle that they are testing. Total nonsense.
(27-04-2012 04:54pm)stef.c Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or has AE made a bit of a c£&ck up? They keep harping on about the pure level trim in their test model being of more than adequate quality and being virtually indistinguishable from the 'pricier' models. However on closer inspection it looks like this is the more expensive model ie a prestige!! The exterior has the more metallic silver trims and metallic grill. And the interior pics show leather seats with contrasting stitching and leather dash! None of these features are available on pure as far as I am aware? The review is good enough but i think they've seriously messed up here.
I agree, totally confused on the trim issue. However, the car illustrated has a single exhaust, which I understand only features on the Td4 and ed4. In addition, they mention that the Evoque has been with us for nearly a year! (tosh). The good point though is that RRE comes out on top.
(27-04-2012 06:10pm)IKM Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, totally confused on the trim issue. However, the car illustrated has a single exhaust, which I understand only features on the Td4 and ed4. In addition, they mention that the Evoque has been with us for nearly a year! (tosh). The good point though is that RRE comes out on top.

Agreed. Just frustrating for those of us who have forked out extra for the dearer models tO be told that we have essentially wasted our money when they have their facts totally wrong.
Reference URL's