babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Finally figured it out - Voice Nav
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I while ago I posted a question about changing the area/country for the navigation while using voice commands.

I finally figured out how to do this.
You have to change the system language Shocked
So if you go to France and want to use voice navigation change te language to French, and Dutch if you want to travel to The Netherlands, etc.

Does his make sense?
Well I think it has to do with the pronunciation of the cities and street names, but it is not easy to use when your traveling outside your country or if you, like me, have the system language set to English because you prefer that.

Maybe I can have this as an option for the Wish List Cool
(27-04-2012 03:13pm)Wired Wrote: [ -> ]I while ago I posted a question about changing the area/country for the navigation while using voice commands.

I finally figured out how to do this.
You have to change the system language Shocked
So if you go to France and want to use voice navigation change te language to French, and Dutch if you want to travel to The Netherlands, etc.

Does his make sense?
Well I think it has to do with the pronunciation of the cities and street names, but it is not easy to use when your traveling outside your country or if you, like me, have the system language set to English because you prefer that.

Maybe I can have this as an option for the Wish List Cool

Doesn't sound very convenient if you're only temporarily taking the car abroad, and don't speak the local lingo. I wonder if this explains why the poster from Canada couldn't get it to understand the word 'Quebec'? (Maybe that province, being largely French speaking, needs it set to French?).
(27-04-2012 03:23pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't sound very convenient if you're only temporarily taking the car abroad, and don't speak the local lingo. I wonder if this explains why the poster from Canada couldn't get it to understand the word 'Quebec'? (Maybe that province, being largely French speaking, needs it set to French?).

I'll give it a try. My french is very poor (to my great shame as I am a Canadian citizen)
(27-04-2012 03:23pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't sound very convenient if you're only temporarily taking the car abroad, and don't speak the local lingo. I wonder if this explains why the poster from Canada couldn't get it to understand the word 'Quebec'? (Maybe that province, being largely French speaking, needs it set to French?).

It worked! Switching the system to French Canadien then accessing the navsystem in a language I barely understand is much more inconvenient than punching the address in manually however.
(28-04-2012 01:43am)masmullin Wrote: [ -> ]It worked! Switching the system to French Canadien then accessing the navsystem in a language I barely understand is much more inconvenient than punching the address in manually however.

It all sounds a bit 'PC' to me - having to have 'French Canadian' just for Quebec. It is still part of Canada, after all. (Despite De Gaulle's encouragement otherwise - do you remember the "Que Bec" pun of the time, when he had interfered in Canada's affairs?).

It's a lovely city to sail in to, though, and moor up under the Chateau 'Front and Back'.
Well I am going to have a look at Belgium, were the speak both french and dutch with a stong accent, to say it politely. I wonder if you have to switch the language settings if you travel from the french to the dutch speaking part.
I also wonder were that leave Brussels which is officially bi-langual. Shocked
The dealer told me exactly the same thing, and apparently a lot of people complained about that, so hopefully LR will do the update soon
(28-04-2012 11:30am)Wired Wrote: [ -> ]Well I am going to have a look at Belgium, were the speak both french and dutch with a stong accent, to say it politely. I wonder if you have to switch the language settings if you travel from the french to the dutch speaking part.
I also wonder were that leave Brussels which is officially bi-langual. Shocked

You forgot German... And I think Arabic can soon be added to the list as well.
I set the system to Vlaams today, which is the Belgian version of Dutch and it told me it would be the same as Netherlands.

Tried to do voice nav but it kept the search are to Netherlands.

I looks like the Belgians have no option to do voice navigation. Confused

Anyone from Belgium here that can explain how it works in Belgium?
Have any of you other Canadians had any luck switching the voice interface from US English to English? I miss having a soft British accent in my car instead of the American one it has now.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's