babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Dynamic Car Mats.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just want to get this clear.

The Dynamic model comes with floor mats that doesn't have piping but has some kind of metal corners, but you have the option for a higher grade of floor mat which has a much thicker pile?

Am I correct?
Oh my the dreaded floor mat nightmare again! search on this site there's a huge thread on the great floor mat rip off, but quickly my understanding is the metal cornered one is the thicker pile "premium" mats, but the dealers consider this a separate purchase item only. no one has ever worked out what the premium mat upgrade on the Dynamic actually gives you and it's best not to go for this option. many of us did and we all ended up with the same mats we thought were the standard, that is the thin pile, piped edge, with a small metal Evoque badge.

Here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-luxur...floor+mats
(25-04-2012 10:47pm)Evo-king Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to get this clear.

The Dynamic model comes with floor mats that doesn't have piping but has some kind of metal corners, but you have the option for a higher grade of floor mat which has a much thicker pile?

Am I correct?

The 'best' mats with the thickest pile (advertised as 'Premium' in the accessories section of the current 2012 Evoque brochure) have got metal corners and are trimmed in a non-contrasting coloured edge trim. The thinner mats have contrasting edge trim, and just a small pressed aluminium Evoque badge. To be fair, neither of them are that special, but the metal-cornered ones are the best.

My Prestige came with the thinner type (salt & pepper grey 'felt' with a cirrus border to go with an Element interior), but I persuaded them to replace them with the 'Premium' mats, which at least have pile.

Edit: Sorry for some duplication of Philskill's post, I was typing while he posted it.
No prob Donny Dog

I persuaded the Dealer to replace the invisible upgraded mats with the rubber boot liner Laughing
(25-04-2012 10:53pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my the dreaded floor mat nightmare again! search on this site there's a huge thread on the great floor mat rip off, but quickly my understanding is the metal cornered one is the thicker pile "premium" mats, but the dealers consider this a separate purchase item only. no one has ever worked out what the premium mat upgrade on the Dynamic actually gives you and it's best not to go for this option. many of us did and we all ended up with the same mats we thought were the standard, that is the thin pile, piped edge, with a small metal Evoque badge.

Cheers Phil, I've just read through that one and was hoping someone who recently picked up a Dynamic might be able to say what they got.

I'll get whatever is fitted now, but was curious, my car is at the dealers but haven't seen it yet, as I hoped we were picking it up tomorrow, but the dealer is saying they are waiting on DVLA for the plate transfer, so we don't know when collection will be and is a longer story which I'm not prepared to go into at the moment.
On the car mats front whilst searching for rubber mats (wanted larger ones than the std RR Accessory efforts) I came across this company who can make complete custom carpet mat sets that are proper, proper quality.

Carmats4u

I've just ordered a set of the thick rubber mats for now - but may go back and get the £99 carpets later...
Hope you get to pick it up soon Evo-King!
(25-04-2012 11:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]No prob Donny Dog

I persuaded the Dealer to replace the invisible upgraded mats with the rubber boot liner Laughing

Your dealer must equally have struggled with explaining what 'upgrade' and 'premium' implied in terms of the brochure specification as mine did! Laughing
(25-04-2012 11:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]No prob Donny Dog

I have ordered the rubber mat boot liner. Did you know there is a fitting chargeRolling with Laughter Seriously ... a fitting charge.

I told them just to leave it in the boot and I will fit it myself
(25-04-2012 11:53pm)BTS18 Wrote: [ -> ]I have ordered the rubber mat boot liner. Did you know there is a fitting chargeRolling with Laughter Seriously ... a fitting charge.

I told them just to leave it in the boot and I will fit it myself

You should order such accessories from Duckworth. It's free delivery for forum members, and they offer 15% discount.

One thing I like about the rubber mat is is its (unexpectedly good) anti-slip properties. Nothing slides about in the boot when it's on the mat.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's