babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: general delay until June 2012 for all eD4 models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

My Evoque was ordered 11th Jan 2012 and promised for end of March. By that time the dealer told us it would be April at latest. After a new inquiry from my side three days ago, the dealer did some research with the importer and Land Rover itself and was given the info, that no eD4 2WD models have been produced so far for end users.
Well, reading the forums here, I got a slightly different impression. Does anybody have an insight? They claim that the engine manufacturer has problems to deliver the specific eD4 engine (which differs somehow from the TD4/SD4). It is said that production will start in June 12. My dealer reserved me a slot (a quote, as he said) in the first series. We'll see.

Still looking forward the get the car. I'm excited everytime I see one on the street.

Sebastian
I have had mine for a month now, and know of at least 2 others on the forum
I saw one parked in Halewood that had recently come off the line when I did my tour.
My eD4 was built this week and is being delivered next week. Don't know if there is a specific delay on LHD models, but RHDs definitely being built.
Had mine just over 3 weeks and 3000miles in.

It's getting smoother, quieter, faster and more economical as miles pile on, got 45mpg on way home tonight. Only problem is it struggles when trying to overtake really feels like it runs out of puff very early, but when driving normally feels strong.
I have just received my eD4 yesterday, was ordered just before christmas and arrived a week early.
Thanks guys for all your answers.
Seems that there is no delays in the UK.

I'll stay tuned.
Sebastian
Reference URL's