babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Panoramic Roof Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chased my dealer today re build/delivery dates and received the following:-

"There has been a bulletin out regarding the fixed panoramic roofs and that they are on backorder. It looks at the moment like your car could possibly go back to March (worst case scenario) but hopefully it won't come to that"

Needless to say I am quite peeved about this (especially as I am supposed to be No1 Pure on the list at this dealer!)
Maybe this means that people who had already prepared themselves for a wait until the middle of next year will actually get their cars sooner as a whole raft of people, who have already placed deposits and waited an eternity, finally through in the towel and buy something else!

I am trying to find out if this is an 'all derivatives' problem or whether they are just trying to annoy Pure customers!
(04-07-2011 03:34pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Chased my dealer today re build/delivery dates and received the following:-

"There has been a bulletin out regarding the fixed panoramic roofs and that they are on backorder. It looks at the moment like your car could possibly go back to March (worst case scenario) but hopefully it won't come to that"

Needless to say I am quite peeved about this (especially as I am supposed to be No1 Pure on the list at this dealer!)

I spoke with LR & my dealer this morning and eventually got my build date of 28th October & delivery 10th November after persistently moaning, but nobody mentioned any issues with the panoramic roof! Have you got a build/delivery date yet? I was 20 something on my dealer list.
@caroline11000 - no build or delivery date yet, that's what I was originally chasing them for!

Who did you speak to LR?
Fancy giving your dealer a ring again to see if he is aware of this bulletin?

Our orders look v similar apart from the colour (I'm Firenze Red)
(04-07-2011 04:25pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]@caroline11000 - no build or delivery date yet, that's what I was originally chasing them for!

Who did you speak to LR?
Fancy giving your dealer a ring again to see if he is aware of this bulletin?

Our orders look v similar apart from the colour (I'm Firenze Red)

Cant remember the name of the girl from LR, I called the freephone number on their website. I think it is the fact that I stirred up my dealer that he actually got his finger out and placed my order. They kept fobbing me off by saying the order bank for the pure wasn't open yet & I wouldn't get the car till January. After I'd spoken to LR my dealer phoned me back and apologised at the way my order had been handled and assured me it was now placed. I insisted on a print out which I got with all the dates on Very Happy so I'm happy now.
I will have to look into the roof issue though, as that could be a setback Sad
Am told that it is affecting all derivatives - however, I do not know to what level.
Am told that it is affecting all derivatives - however, I do not know to what level.
Bloody well hope not!!!!!!

Mine is supposed to ready in 9 - 10 weeks!
I suppose they must have a number of them 'in stock' - as I said, not sure how it is going to affect the overall situation.
Did anyone else notice a small crack in the rear passenger side corner of the panaramic roof on the silver pure 5 dr on display at evoque live in London? I pointed it out to the lr reps and they hadn't noticed it previously...

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a big prob.
(04-07-2011 09:08pm)wbessada Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone else notice a small crack in the rear passenger side corner of the panaramic roof on the silver pure 5 dr on display at evoque live in London? I pointed it out to the lr reps and they hadn't noticed it previously...

Hope this doesn't turn out to be a big prob.

@wbessada - so this is all your fault !! Laughing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's