babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: SupaGard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My dealer was pretty surprised when I said no to the SupaGard finish. Last time I took it but wasnt convinced it was any better than a good coat of quality wax.

What are your thoughts?Question
Have a look at this. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Supaguard

It's only as good as the person applying it & from the wash guy at your local dealer!
I'm all for sealant treatments, but I wouldn't use the dealer unless it's free of course Smile
A local firm would do a much better job & cheaper.
(17-04-2012 03:34pm)doug Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look at this. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Supaguard

It's only as good as the person applying it & from the wash guy at your local dealer!
I'm all for sealant treatments, but I wouldn't use the dealer unless it's free of course Smile
A local firm would do a much better job & cheaper.

Thanks Doug, interesting thread.
my thoughts are that its a rip off, its there so dealers can earn comission, if it was so good it would be standard fit from the factory.
(17-04-2012 08:48pm)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]my thoughts are that its a rip off, its there so dealers can earn comission, if it was so good it would be standard fit from the factory.

It wouldn't be cost effective to do this as if you applied it to every car & applying it in the required time the backlog of cars would be enormous.

I apply Diamondbrite or Lifeshine or traditional Autoglym Hi-Definition Wax Sealant.
I declined it today and I was quoted almost £500 for it! Glad I declined...only just read all the previous post son this subject...he wasn't pushy but sold it in a way that it made logical sense! Gladi had more sense to decline.
I have today given my baby a lovingly protection using GTechniq C1 and tomorrow will use the C1.5 costing under £50 including micro cloths and of course my time, but now I know every intimate detail of my paintwork and I know it has been protected and done well. £500 to a dealer is nice work if you can get it, maybe I should set up with a GTechniq franchise!!
YEP DID MINE MYSELF BOUGHT THE STUFF SPENT THE WEEKEND DOING IT, VERY HAPPY CHAPPY....
Why are you shouting?
Because he's happy.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's