babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Spare wheel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ordered the spare wheel or are you just relying on the 'gunk'?
Also, if a spare wheel is ordered, does it fit inside the boot - taking away any secret storage space?
I have ordered the spare wheel as I didn't fancy being stuck in the middle of nowhere relying on a can of gunk! The dealer said, for what they know Confused, that it doesn't affect the boot space. Very Happy
I ordered without the spare. As most of the time, the tyre can't be repaired. So with or without the "gunk" in the wheel, you end up paying for a new tyre.
My dealer advised me that the spare wheel was a waste of money & that it's rare that anyone goes for this option.

I can see people going for it, if you do a lot of long distance night driving, miles from anywhere. But as my Evoque will only be used at the weekends to drive the kids about, would need a complete tyre blow out for the "gunk" not to fill any holes, so would then need the services of the RAC to lift me a short drive home.
I haven't carried a spare for 21 years (four different vehicles).
Reference URL's