babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Good and bad news.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The good news..... I now have a build/delivery date (22nd June/9th July)

The bad news..... I was really hoping (and my dealer has always suggested would be the case) that I would get the car before June 22nd as have my brothers wedding that weekend and really wanted to drive down in the new car!

Dealer says it is still possible I will get by 22nd but sounds ambitious to me. What do you think the chances are from recent experiences??
(11-04-2012 10:20pm)Rossy100 Wrote: [ -> ]The good news..... I now have a build/delivery date (22nd June/9th July)

The bad news..... I was really hoping (and my dealer has always suggested would be the case) that I would get the car before June 22nd as have my brothers wedding that weekend and really wanted to drive down in the new car!

Dealer says it is still possible I will get by 22nd but sounds ambitious to me. What do you think the chances are from recent experiences??

Chances are probably pretty slim...however, suggest you ask the dealer for an extended test drive in one of their demo cars (evoque or otherwise) for that weekend...likely to be fairly accomodating, my dealer always is.
Get your dealer to press LR for a priority build.
Mine came back a month after I kept whinging at my ever changing dates.
Or just drive to wedding in your old car and let your brother and his new wife enjoy being alone in the spotlight on their special day...
My car appeared out of the blue several weeks before it was due to be built but I expect the LR production schedule is now better oiled than before and therefore more predictable.

As Kimv suggests though, perhaps better to turn up in your Nissan Micra. You wouldn't want people to think you were trying to show off. Mind you, if the bride's a dog, it would give people something good to look at.
My car came 5 days late but 2 weeks early. Was being brought off the transporter at the same time it was still to be released from the factory, my dealer didn't know who's car it was as it should have still been sitting at halewood. So in the wonderfully mystical world of land rover anything is possible.
A lot of people are reporting 10days delivery from build rather than 3 weeks, so you might be in luck.
Fingers crossed.
The dealers won't promise anythiing, as it just looks bad if they say 10days and it does end up at 3 weeks.
Reference URL's