babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Where Do I Stand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gave the car a very good clean yesterday and as I was doing the alloy's, I caught in the sun a small circle maybe the size of a 10p bit on one of the spokes that looked a totally different shade of silver to that of the rest of the wheel. Did try to take a picture but didn't come out very well as you have to catch it at the right angle in the sun to see it.

Anyway I had to call out Chips Away today to sort out a few stone chips that have appeared on the bonnet and asked him to take a look at the wheel whist he was there.

He explained that it looks to him that the the paint underneath the liquior has a flaw in it causing the different shade to the rest and suggested I take it back to dealer to sort it out.

As I have had the car now for a couple of months and have only just noticed this, where do I stand on taking it back and getting it replaced??
If there is no visible damage to the spoke/wheel (ie you caused it), then I see no reason whatsoever that this wouldn't be covered under warranty.
Get it back to the stealership.
If it's obviously a flaw under the lacquer then it shouldn't be an issue getting it changed, if you have no luck with the dealer then PM Nick here and take it up with customer services.
thanks guy's,
It looks like a trip to the dealers is on the cards!!
(11-04-2012 03:08pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]If it's obviously a flaw under the lacquer then it shouldn't be an issue getting it changed, if you have no luck with the dealer then PM Nick here and take it up with customer services.

Should be no hastle to get sorted (In reality) as LR will just get it replaced by their wheel supplier which should not cost them anything anyway!
Chips Away? Already? It bears repeating that the paint on new cars is not fully hardened and more susceptible to chipping. So, sit back from the car in front as much as possible. That's what I do and after 4 months, there isn't a single chip.
Reference URL's