babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Voice Assisted Navigation Issue - "Quebec"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted a similar thread in the "North American" section, however I'll detail the issue more in this forum as this may be a problem for more than north americans

Description:
When saying "Quebec" into the voice navigation, the computer cannot understand the word, and assumes the user is saying another area

Steps to reproduce
1) Voice assisted navigation
2) Go to the prompt where you will "Change Search Area"
3) Say Quebec

Expected Results
- Navigation changes search area to Quebec

Actual Results
- Navigation changes search area to Alaska, or Nevada, or Tennessee.

Work Around:
- Enter the Quebec destination manually (not using voice assisted nav).

Anyone else have a similar issue?
Have you carried out the voice tutorial? When I did this all similar issues disappeared.
(09-04-2012 03:58pm)LDT Wrote: [ -> ]Have you carried out the voice tutorial? When I did this all similar issues disappeared.

No, Im unaware of any voice tutorial?
From the touch screen select Setup, Voice, Operating Guide then Voice Tutorial, followed by the same but with Voice Training on the end.

I hope this helps.
Thank you ! Smile I'll give it a shot at lunchtime
Unfortunately, voice training didn't work Sad
(09-04-2012 06:26pm)masmullin Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, voice training didn't work Sad
There was a post about the issue with voice navigation in europe as so far it only seems to work in UK and not anywhere else in europe, might be a similar thing
Voice navigation works fine for me in the US.

Question: How are you pronouncing Quebec? While I suspect whatever you're doing is the "right" way, Quebec can be pronounced a few different ways. In English, it's generally pronounced as "Kwuh-BECK," "Kuh-BECK," or "Kih-BECK." In French, it's pronounced more like "Kay-BECK."

Maybe try the "wrong" ways until you find one that works?
(09-04-2012 09:19pm)Queeg Wrote: [ -> ]Voice navigation works fine for me in the US.

Question: How are you pronouncing Quebec? While I suspect whatever you're doing is the "right" way, Quebec can be pronounced a few different ways. In English, it's generally pronounced as "Kwuh-BECK," "Kuh-BECK," or "Kih-BECK." In French, it's pronounced more like "Kay-BECK."

Maybe try the "wrong" ways until you find one that works?

Key-Beck, Kay-Beck, Kwuh-Beck, and Kuh Beck and kwee-beck have all been tried.

I even tried "QC (kew see)" just in case the system was lazy. I've tried with my best french accent, my best british accent (not that it's any good, but I tried) and my natural southern ontario accent.

It's like the word Quebec isn't programmed into the system
(09-04-2012 09:22pm)masmullin Wrote: [ -> ]Key-Beck, Kay-Beck, Kwuh-Beck, and Kuh Beck and kwee-beck have all been tried.

I even tried "QC (kew see)" just in case the system was lazy. I've tried with my best french accent, my best british accent (not that it's any good, but I tried) and my natural southern ontario accent.

It's like the word Quebec isn't programmed into the system

Wouldn't it be easier to just move to Toronto? Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's