babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Steering Wheel volume/track change buttons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All

Am certain I've read on here about how unrealible this button is... i.e. changing track when intention is to change volume. I thought it would just be a case of getting used to it but it really does appear to be a bad design or maybe mine really is faulty. Even when I make a conscious effort to press vol down it sometimes jumps track forward. Is everyones as bad as this?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
My steering wheel controls are just fine, suggest you speak with your Dealer.[/b]
I have the same issue. You have to be very precise...I'm forever changing the radio station by mistake...drives me nuts! Not a faulty button, just a poor design and faulty users!
No problem here either. Just feel for the raised edges on each button and they work fine.
(05-04-2012 01:23pm)Queeg Wrote: [ -> ]No problem here either. Just feel for the raised edges on each button and they work fine.
+1. Think you just get used to it like most other vehicles. Good luck!
I know what you mean, if I consciously press the down volume on the steering wheel it always works, but when I do it without thinking I go back to the beginning of the track! It probably because you're reaching across the button from the left with your thumb so toggle it unevenly.
If you have petite Victoria Beckham fingers all is fine Wink
No issue here, seems pretty straight forward to me... 'finger n thumbs'...
Remember if you are going around a corner at the time and the steering wheel is at 90 degrees, pressing what you think is the volume up button will actually be the next track button...

More seriously, no problem here.
I have issues with the button too and is not as instinctive as others Ive used. It works fine if you quickly glance at it before pressing, which defeats the purpose to a certain extent.
The delay is the issue I have, it can take several seconds before selecting the next track which is veee annoying.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's