babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: No Picture On TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one know if there is a common fix for this or if I am not working it correctly?

It seems that the TV picture will not come on. But I do have sound. I know that as a safety feature the car has been set up not to allow viewing when on the move. However yesterday I tried this as a passenger with no success. Pressed the small image to bring up full screen and nothing. Tried dual view. Nothing. Just sound. Tried whilst stationary with the engine off and again nothing, just sound.

Is it possible I have tried it in a couple of no signal areas? I know that our home where I tried it stationary is really bad for TV signal. Is it difficult to get a signal on the aerial?

Also - the touch screen interface seems to slow down to a crawl when doing this. Really struggles until I switch back to radio or ipod music. Again is this common/normal?
Have you got the dual screen activated? I found that happened to me.
(04-04-2012 12:39pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got the dual screen activated? I found that happened to me.

Does it have to be activated even when stationary? Also - I tried it on the move in dual screen when I was a passenger and it didn't seem to make any difference....
I had the same problem on the first day of delivery . Not picture or sound. The LR dealer in Sydney had to order a brand new TV module. So get back to your dealer and have them check .When its working , the picture and sound qualities are good, but the reception is OK in Sydney , Australia .Good luck.
(04-04-2012 12:47pm)stef.c Wrote: [ -> ]Does it have to be activated even when stationary? Also - I tried it on the move in dual screen when I was a passenger and it didn't seem to make any difference....

Have you got it on DAB in an area that's not been converted yet, or on analogue in an area where this has been withdrawn?
(04-04-2012 01:58pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got it on DAB in an area that's not been converted yet, or on analogue in an area where this has been withdrawn?

There is both digital and analogue reception in the area. I've tried both. Analogue didn't work at all, not even sound...
(04-04-2012 03:15pm)stef.c Wrote: [ -> ]There is both digital and analogue reception in the area. I've tried both. Analogue didn't work at all, not even sound...

That sounds a bit like a bad signal, but, even then, you'd think you'd get some sort of 'no service' or 'no signal' words on the display on DAB TV. Sounds like a trip to the dealer, I'm afraid.
Reference URL's