babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Auto Wipers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how the auto wipers are supposed to work
I understand the basic operation but I am not sure what the controls on the stalk are for.
If I didnt have auto then I would put the stalk to the "int" position and adjust the delay with the rotary incremental control. With auto I still put the stalk to "int" but then what does the rotary control do, can it adjust the operation of the auto setting.
The auto function does not seem as intuative as the Audi I had
As i understand it... First notch up is auto rain sensing wipers which come on as and when with the rotating collar altering the sensitivity of the sensing. Second notch up is slow speed continuous, third notch up is high speed. I think first notch up changes to intermittent when the car is stopped or very slow with the collar then controlling frequency of wipe. I have to say in the rain last night the auto setting worked well for me.
when it's on auto... the rotary helps you decide how sensitive you want the wipers to be.

so when its on "min" it means only when there's real proper drizzle/rain it will go off and then the more you rotate it the more sensitive it becomes. I prefer mine to be on the 1st " - " after the "min" part. The sensitivity and "automatic-ness" of it is perfect for me at that setting and goes off literally when I would like it to without me doing anything.

so yes.. it can adjust the operation i.e. alters the sensitivity of the auto wipers.

or at least that's what I've noticed.
Thanks guys for the quick replies
It would seem to be the same principal as my last Audi. I will now have a play with it to get the correct setting
Reference URL's