babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Flexible Loadspace Liner - Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

My Evoque is on order and I can't wait for delivery....Only 4 months and counting? Does anyone have the loadspace protector, if so, does it cover the back seats if the are fully flat? I notice Duckworths are selling it at £93-50, seems like a good price to me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
(03-04-2012 12:20pm)Andy_A Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

My Evoque is on order and I can't wait for delivery....Only 4 months and counting? Does anyone have the loadspace protector, if so, does it cover the back seats if the are fully flat? I notice Duckworths are selling it at £93-50, seems like a good price to me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have one (I've just posted this on another thread by coincidence!). They are excellent, and yes, that's a good price. As to your question, the answer is 'yes' and 'no! There is a flap which goes well over the back seats, and, if the back seats are then lowered (there being small cut-outs to allow you to press the seat release button) the cover remains in place covering the whole of the back of the seats. However, the side protection only then extends to the end of the original seat back position. In my view, with care, that is perfectly workeable, but it depends on what you would be carrying with this arrangement as to whether anything could pass through the gap and contact the car doors.

Edit: I should add that there is also a flap that zips up to form a full enclosure, thus protecting the rear tailgate as well as acting as a bumper protector during loading.
Can anyone tell me how this liner fits to the side walls/doors & over the top of the back of the seats when in an upright position?.
(25-04-2012 02:36pm)Brightlights2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me how this liner fits to the side walls/doors & over the top of the back of the seats when in an upright position?.

If you mean the LR one, it's mainly Velcro (very effective), plus the back part zips up to make it a full enclosure (and flaps down to protect the boot lip during loading). As regards the back seat, there is a large 'surplus' of material which simply hangs over the seat (and is sufficient to cover the seat when it is lowered - there are cut-outs so the seat catches still operate).
(25-04-2012 03:28pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean the LR one, it's mainly Velcro (very effective), plus the back part zips up to make it a full enclosure (and flaps down to protect the boot lip during loading). As regards the back seat, there is a large 'surplus' of material which simply hangs over the seat (and is sufficient to cover the seat when it is lowered - there are cut-outs so the seat catches still operate).

Yes I did mean the LR one, do I understand the Velcro is on the liner if so how do you attach the Velcro to the doors etc?.
Thanks for all your help though it is appreciated.
(25-04-2012 03:38pm)Brightlights2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did mean the LR one, do I understand the Velcro is on the liner if so how do you attach the Velcro to the doors etc?.
Thanks for all your help though it is appreciated.

It doesn't stick to the doors (it doesn't need to). It sticks to the side lining of the boot. When the rear seat is up, the boot is isolated from the doors. When the rear seat is down (which it isn't really designed for, in the sense that you lose the 100% covering, but in which mode it still works OK) you have a gap forward of the rear seat position which isn't filled by the liner, although anything you were carrying would have to poke through that gap in order to damag the doors.

Edit: I should add that the Velcro is self-adhesive to the lining material of the boot, which is why you don't need the other half of the Velcro to achieve adhesion. (Indeed, it sticks like sh*t to a blanket!).
(25-04-2012 03:57pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't stick to the doors (it doesn't need to). It sticks to the side lining of the boot. When the rear seat is up, the boot is isolated from the doors. When the rear seat is down (which it isn't really designed for, in the sense that you lose the 100% covering, but in which mode it still works OK) you have a gap forward of the rear seat position which isn't filled by the liner, although anything you were carrying would have to poke through that gap in order to damag the doors.

Edit: I should add that the Velcro is self-adhesive to the lining material of the boot, which is why you don't need the other half of the Velcro to achieve adhesion. (Indeed, it sticks like sh*t to a blanket!).

Thanks for your all your information it has helped me greatly I will buy one as soon as my vehicle arrives in June/July.
(25-04-2012 05:43pm)Brightlights2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your all your information it has helped me greatly I will buy one as soon as my vehicle arrives in June/July.

It helped me too! I actually though I'd buy one of these Hatchbag for Evoque - with the split seat option it looked really neat, but the bumper cover is a velcro attachment upgrade and the details in the thread above indicates that LR have got it right - even though their marketing bumph has missed the target. So I have bought an LR one - it pays to shop around, somethings are not as cheap as they initially appear once VAT is added.
(25-04-2012 05:43pm)Brightlights2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your all your information it has helped me greatly I will buy one as soon as my vehicle arrives in June/July.

Get it from Duckworths, their parts and accessories are all 15% discount. Postage is free for members of this forum, so order by telephone (01673 849873) and speak to Dan (Roberts).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's