babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: General feedback I've just sent to dealer - mpg, trim, easy exit seats, iPod socket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Here's a summary of the issues I've noted so far with my TD4 Prestige (communicated to dealer today). I'm not expecting much in the way of resolution (except securing the trim better when it goes in for its first service, and maybe a software upgrade at some point re the iPod connectivity and seat easy exit feature). On the fuel consumption point, general about town driving is producing 32 mpg, although I managed to get 44 mpg on a lethargic potter along the N125 here in the Algarve. Question/Comments sent to dealer as follows:

1. Is it possible to fit front parking sensors as a retro-fit option? I've researched online and understand it may be possible. If it is possible, how much would it cost? I'm finding that it's very difficult to estimate where the front of the car is when parking.

2. The fuel consumption is a lot worse than advertised by Landrover. I'm getting between 8 and 9 litres per 100km in usual driving, and worse than that on the motorway.

3. There's an annoying rattle from the dashboard on certain road surfaces. I suspect this would be very difficult to reproduce in the garage, and probably isn't worth taking the dashboard apart to find

4. In one place at the rear of the car, the silver trim by the window is slightly loose

5. Similarly, a piece of the glossy black plastic (C pillar) at the back is also slightly loose

6. The 'easy exit' seat option doesn't work well with the manual gearbox (I understand it works fine on automatics). I think this must be a software issue. The only way to get the option to work is to do the following: 1. Apply the parking brake manually, 2. Place the gearbox in neutral, 3. Switch off the engine, 4. Open the door.

7. Sometimes the USB connections for the iPod stop working. After switching off the ignition for some time and restarting, it works fine again.

Pics of car below. Despite the minor things outlined above (maybe with exception of fuel consumption) I love it!

[attachment=1860][attachment=1861][attachment=1862][attachment=1860]
Reference URL's