babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Hooray! The long wait is almost over.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a long, long, long time coming but come Tuesday morning I'll be the proud owner of a brand new Range Rover Evoque!

Well chuffed it's here at last to say the least. So excited i could sh#t. It was actually supposed to come this weekend but the transporter came that little bit too late for them to do there final checks etc.

No matter, roll on Tuesday! Taking a day off work especially so I don't have to do handover on Saturday with loads of others around and my screaming kids causing loads of stress.

This is my very first new car. My current is a BMW 1 series which was ex demo. Before that it was a Peugeot 205 B reg about 15 years ago that cost me £750!!

Was initially a little scared of them valeting the car at the dealership before handover as I had a bad experience with this at BMW. They machine polished the car, with me not realising it would cause loads of problems with the paintwork like spider webbing and thinning the lacquer which has made it really susceptible to scratches. However I've been assured that the LR Lewes dealerships valeting guy is really experienced and won't wash it with a Brillo pad.

By the way is there a half decent looking child car seat that will look good in a black interior? Has to be a good brand. And is there a good cover any one can recommend to protect the leather from indentations?
Exciting - I hope it goes ok!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gosh, i'd be counting the hours!
While waiting for mine i went and bought 2 new car seats yesterday as i can't imagine putting the old ones in my Evoque. I bought ones with shock absorbers on each side.
http://www.autourdebebe.ch/article-bebe/...0984074642
( Britax. I don't know if you get that brand in the UK) here is a photo of seat protections:
http://www.autourdebebe.ch/article-bebe/...9345005608
Have fun on tuesday Very Happy
Congrats! yeah my lexus was ruined that way they polished my bumper little too much and rubbed the paint off.
That's great news Stef. Hope you can get some sleep between now and Tuesday!
Congrats Stef, as a proud owner of 2 weeks I can honestly say you will love it
Like you Stefanie, I collect mine on Tuesday. Only 4 sleeps to go!
I think it's more likely to be 3 sleeps plus one very excitable non-sleepy, yet long, night for me!
(23-03-2012 09:36pm)Bodlyfunctions Wrote: [ -> ]Like you Stefanie, I collect mine on Tuesday. Only 4 sleeps to go!
I think it's more likely to be 3 sleeps plus one very excitable non-sleepy, yet long, night for me!

Haha. 4 big sleeps to go, I like it! By the way it's Stefano not Stefanie! Strictly of the male persuasion.
Good news, you will love it!

We have Recaro seats that look the business one for each car, plain black for the evoque and grey and pepper for my BMW, both look the dogs danglies![/align]
Reference URL's