babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is Firenze Red a metallic colour?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the Evoque website Firenze red is described as a metallic colour but on the note below I got from the dealer handling my car order it is described as a solid colour - from the videos of the colour I have seen it also looks solid but it is hard to tell from a video.

Can anyone confirm if it is a metallic colour or not? (I am ordering car in the red anyway as I think it is the sportiest looking colour but just curious so I know what to expect when I finally see my car hopefully in January.)

Description Type
Metallic - Buckingham blue OPT
Metallic - Galway green OPT
Metallic - Indus silver OPT
Metallic - Ipanema sand OPT
Metallic - Orkney grey OPT
Metallic - Sumatra Black OPT
Solid - Firenze red OPT
Solid - Fuji white FOC
Firenze red is definately metallic. That is how it is described on the configurator and it certainly looks it when you see it on a car. It is also why it was unavailable for a short period, i.e. the factory in japan that produces that type of metallic was closed due to the earth quake.
As far as I am aware Fuji white is the only solid colour that is available at the moment.
Thanks for the reply which is good news as given the choice I would prefer a metallic finish
I bl@@dy well hope it's metallic ! I'm gonna be reet miffed if it's not! (and unless they been showing 'another' red at all the shows!)

As paulus599 says, white is the only flat colour.
(20-06-2011 05:06pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]As paulus599 says, white is the only flat colour.

Well, I hope it's got a gloss finish tho! Very Happy
I think you guys need to check with your dealers as I don't think Firenze Red is available at this time due to the earth quake in Japan!!
(21-06-2011 10:26pm)Japseroony Wrote: [ -> ]I think you guys need to check with your dealers as I don't think Firenze Red is available at this time due to the earth quake in Japan!!

No, it is available again. The Japanese factory re-started production of Xirallic in mid May and LR announced it was available again on the dealer portal on 21st May
LR has also said that they have a small stock of that paint which is available for cars being built in the first batch. If you had originally ordered it, but had to change because of the problems, then you would be able to change back to it.
Reference URL's