babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Did anyone ask their dealers for discounts/freebies with their order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to make a change to my order, only submitted it last week. But suddenly thought I have approached this order by accepting what's on paper is what I will pay.

Has anyone asked their dealer for any options to be thrown in, accessories, or anything else? Going to ask if I can have the premium carpets included which is only £80 on the Dynamic, but against my order for £47k I now feel it would be nice to get something in return.

Have only bought a new car once before but the Evoque I feel sits in a different context than my previous purchase. But on new car purchases not sure what deals you could ask for.
As its a new model and there is already a waiting list I have been told not to bother. However, I did and no freebies for me. I suppose if you don't ask you don't get but I'm sure a couple of dealers would be willing to chuck in the odd bit here.
Same here: I've mentioned discounts (especially since I'm buying professionally which made a difference for BMW / Mini in the past) but I was told no to bother.
With such a waiting list they don't need to please customers.
Same here. No freebies or deals. Nothing except crap customer service. Wait till I get then customer satisfaction questionnaire!!
Have always had discounts, but I put the demand for the Evoque alongside the Focus RS I ordered "blind" about 8 years ago. Absolutely no movement on price then...and I had to wait over 12 months for the RS as well!!!!

All about supply and demand.
I got premium mats thrown in for free....which was niceSmile
(17-06-2011 05:04pm)DynamicRRV Wrote: [ -> ]I got premium mats thrown in for free....which was niceSmile

That's better than nothing! I have asked for the same, wait and see I guess.

I read an article a while back saying that it was common these days when buying new cars that people felt obliged to pay the price as shown and not try and pursue any offers. The article then went on discussing how this approach has changed the perception of the cars sales person from the customers view and the perception of the customer where sales felt less concerned about throwing in offers.
My dealer has not given me a discount but I have just come back from a free offroad course given by the dealer which was awesome. Only trouble it was a RR Sport. No Evoque yet but the guy told me to ask for another day when I got my car.
Reference URL's