babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Road noise inside cabin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just curious to hear from current owners. Compared to your previous vehicle, would you consider the cabin noise more or less than what you were used too?

I read an article complaining about this compared to other RR products based on the build and materials used in the RRE (plastic & recycled material to keep weight down) that has a downside in that it reduces noise dampning.

My current vehicle being so quiet, a passenger one day were startled when I took off and he wasn't even aware the enigine was running when we were stationary.
Mine is pretty quiet that's coming from a Lexus owner. I have a pano roof with the shade open it is about the same as with it closed
You don't want to believe too much about what you read in magazines. If the people writing for them were any good, they wouldn't be writing for them.

I can't compare the Evoque with other RR products but compared to the other cars I own (Porsche/Mercedes/Ferrari/Subaru), it's a haven of peace and quiet, at least in the petrol version. The diesel by comparison is a noisy old thing.
Mine (SD4) has the 20" wheels, but I would say it is still quiet compared to my previous Kuga) (until I put my 1980's power ballads CD on)
I test drove the Evoque and the Audi Q3, and found the Evoque noisier, with greater wind and road noise especially from the back.

The Evique was SD4 on 18" wheels as well as the Audi, which was TDI.
Reference URL's