babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Delays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is this a First?
is this a first or is it Bull----? Car due 1st march, todays story is the car has been lost in transit! You really have to want an Evoque to put up with all the Crap you have to go through to get one!
(08-03-2012 09:42pm)DT Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a First?
is this a first or is it Bull----? Car due 1st march, todays story is the car has been lost in transit! You really have to want an Evoque to put up with all the Crap you have to go through to get one!

As unbelivable as it sounds this is possible.

In 2001 my mini cooper went missing in transit before its delivery to the dealer. Either that or the dealer was telling me lies.

Its amazing that with modern logistics such things can happen but they do.
(08-03-2012 09:42pm)DT Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a First?

Looks like the Mob has your car now.
Anything and everything is possible with LR. My car was showing on the system that it hadn't left the factory but at the same time was being brought off the transporter at the dealers.
Maybe its one of those ones that gets delivered early, out of the blue to another customer with a very similar spec!

Look out for a post on here saying wow - 3 weeks from order to delivery. They have your car!

Rolling with Laughter
Ouch - that is terrible!
My dealer told me to day that they all go from Halewood to Gaydon where they are then distributed to the dealer Network, I thought they got delivered direct from Halewood!
There is a firm that does the logistics and they have an SLA of something like 4 days to go from build completion to dealer
(09-03-2012 12:08am)WB Wrote: [ -> ]There is a firm that does the logistics and they have an SLA of something like 4 days to go from build completion to dealer

Thats what the dealer said, once at Gaydon they are turned around within days, pretty impressive!!
Yes it does happen. My dealer told me that on their last shipment they were expecting a RRS and got a Disco instead! Lots of head scratching by the transporter driver. All was rectified in a couple of days though.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's