babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: What's the latest I can make changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a build date of 26/8. And my dealer said yesterday that it's too late to make changes. Is this true or is he just too lazy to change for me. If the car isn't being built for another 2 months why can't I add to the order th power tailgate.
(14-06-2011 11:00pm)vinda Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a build date of 26/8. And my dealer said yesterday that it's too late to make changes. Is this true or is he just too lazy to change for me. If the car isn't being built for another 2 months why can't I add to the order th power tailgate.

I suspect that he just wants an easy life. From what other people have said it's not just a case of adding something to the existing factory order. They have to actually cancel that one and then write a new one out. Even then though you would have thought it wouldn't be a problem with a build date 2 months away.

My dealer has also told me that they can't change any spec after they have submitted my order to the factory. That is not going to be until September with a delivery date the end of December, so that's also probably around the 2 months mark - seems crazy to me Shocked
Would it affect the delivery date
(14-06-2011 11:26pm)vinda Wrote: [ -> ]Would it affect the delivery date

I honestly can't see why it should. Except maybe if it's because the factory runs on a 'just in time' principle. If so they will keep very little actual stock and the deliveries from the suppliers will go straight to the assembly lines. That's great in principle, but it means that any changes you make have to filter a long way down the supply chain, so not just a case of pulling a different part out of the stores.
We need someone from the factory side to chip in with some insider information. Wink
My dealer wouldn't agree to any changes however my source at JLR says that on the Evoque they are being very very strict with regards to changes and things hence the probs I got getting Firenze for September delivery!
Reference URL's