babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Do you think the Evoque will become Common?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just thinking that at present there aren't that many about but come 1st March there will be an almighty Glut of them on our Uk roads Sad I really like that they are pretty rare and exclusive and not every Tom Dick and Harry has one! I hope they don't become common and stay relatively exclusive
My thoughts also. The first year of production will no doubt be the busiest for JLR, following which orders will stabalise. I think they may be many basic Pures on the road, and I too wonder if the sight of a RRE will be commonplace.
I had one of the first MKII Audi TT's from launch and it was nice being one of the first on the road, given similar initial waiting lists to the Evoque. This lasted 12 months but then it soon became common, and it ditched when they announced a diesel *yuck* !

My point is, you either get one from launch or buy something desirable and niche market. The Evoque is not the car for you if you want exclusive from this summer onwards, sorry. Every WAG wants one and is getting one!
(26-02-2012 10:43pm)Asty Wrote: [ -> ]I had one of the first MKII Audi TT's from launch and it was nice being one of the first on the road, given similar initial waiting lists to the Evoque. This lasted 12 months but then it soon became common, and it ditched when they announced a diesel *yuck* !

My point is, you either get one from launch or buy something desirable and niche market. The Evoque is not the car for you if you want exclusive from this summer onwards, sorry. Every WAG wants one and is getting one!

I ordered BEFORE LAUNCH thank you, and am still waiting, like many others who are waiting and ordered PRE LAUNCH!
(26-02-2012 11:04pm)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered BEFORE LAUNCH thank you, and am still waiting, like many others who are waiting and ordered PRE LAUNCH!

They will become a more common sight I'm sure. There was a post here on Saturday that there are 20,000 on order in the UK alone. Sounds like a lot - but isn't in the whole scheme of things really spread over the whole of the UK.

I've been driving an Audi A5 Cabrio for coming on three years now - and despite driving a sizeable length of the M40 most weeks I probably only see 2 or so and to this day people drive up behind, take a good look and the over take slowly and then do the same from the front.

The Evoque will probably always turn heads - it is an iconic shape like the TT was (and still is), some of us are old enough to remember the Rover SD1 coming out and that was an iconic shape that one never tired of seeing either.

That are other cars - the new Porsche and Q5 due to appear later on this year so the latest and greatest brigade will be chasing those next...Cool
It will be common sight when RRE see a slump in sales due to poor MPG figures and decides to have a hybrid version....
(27-02-2012 01:08am)Straydox Wrote: [ -> ]They will become a more common sight I'm sure. There was a post here on Saturday that there are 20,000 on order in the UK alone. Sounds like a lot - but isn't in the whole scheme of things really spread over the whole of the UK.

I've been driving an Audi A5 Cabrio for coming on three years now - and despite driving a sizeable length of the M40 most weeks I probably only see 2 or so and to this day people drive up behind, take a good look and the over take slowly and then do the same from the front.

The Evoque will probably always turn heads - it is an iconic shape like the TT was (and still is), some of us are old enough to remember the Rover SD1 coming out and that was an iconic shape that one never tired of seeing either.

I drive an MG ZR-Express Van & given the shape is based on a 1995 Rover 200 it still often turns many heads when out & about & gets a huge amount of questions asked when I am working with it or standing by it generally. It is also one of only one hundred in the world too plus due to some of the factory options it is literally unique & I like that bit!
I think the Evoque will turn heads for a good while yet.
I think it will be super-common in 2 years.

I'm glad there's going to be the DC100 coming out as well in 2 years - I want one of those Project Kahn style (google it).

Also want the next RRS so... lets just say I think we're leading the pack at the moment...
(27-02-2012 04:10am)chiggy Wrote: [ -> ]I think it will be super-common in 2 years.

I agree. Well maybe now super common but you'll see them everywhere once all those 1 year old Pures start to flood the market.
Yeah I wish they release an Autobiography Evoque or a Supercharged evoque soon too rather than the convertible ugly thing that seems to have flooded this forum in about 500 different new threads.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's