babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Feedback about the owners manual.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great to have a gander at the owners manual, although it's made the forum much quieter Sad

What does anyone think of what they've found out? Personally I can't wait to try out all the gadgets. The RSE looks fantastic, much better than I thought Very Happy
I though it has been great to finally view the official 'word' on what does what. Accessing the manual online is somewhat clunky and a proper bookmarked, linked content PDF would have been easier to read, but none the less I have enjoyed reading various sections (my wife thinks I have gone mad).

The manual appears to be somewhat still generic in it's approach to information - but I guess it has to be. None the less I was hoping for more detailed information on the meridian stereo system upgrade - such as speaker placement, size of internal hard drive for media storage, sound specs, media player OS, and much more - but perhaps that is in a separate manual.

Also the manual is written as if one has chosen every option, which is fine but would be nice if it was more distinguished between what is in additional - one has to know about the options prior to being able to distinguish what the car comes with and what is additional.

So far it's been great. Im so sad I may read a few more sections at lunch today - wish there was an audio version to listen too on my iPhone.
I've downloaded all 59 sections of the Owner's Handbook and 8 sections of the Supplement as PDFs. I'll post an easy to use link to them soon.
I've printed the whole thing (including supplements) out and I'm about half way through reading it now. (Luckily I'm in work and I've got nothing else to do !!!!!!)Laughing *
It's good to finally find out what does what, but it is going to be so much better to actually press the buttons I'm reading about.
Looking forward to Sept now - for a test drive and delivery a bit later on. Hope the actual owners manual is a bit more compact than the 200+ pages I've printed out!!!
AntVery Happy

* If my boss is reading this, that statement is untrue and mis-leading - I can explain!!!!Embarrassed
Kermit, not suggesting you've had a chance to read both A and UK manuals cover to cover but are there any differences that have jumped out at you?
It sort of looks like maybe this is a global release? I thought they would issue them based on the counties build options? But I guess that would be difficult to manage regarding changes.
The diagrams show LHD vehicle so I guess it is a global release - at least for English speaking countries.
ANT
(08-06-2011 01:23pm)Charlie Wrote: [ -> ]Kermit, not suggesting you've had a chance to read both A and UK manuals cover to cover but are there any differences that have jumped out at you?

A few of the International forum members have mentioned that their cars have a much lower standard spec than what's being released here. Is that true from what you have seen Kermit? or is it just a case that the price you pay is lower and you have to pay the extra to bring it up to the UK spec?
It is certainly true that the car is cheaper in the UK (with the same specs).
We have less standard equipment AND we have to pay more to get some of the options.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's