babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Extended Warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After waiting about 6 weeks for LR to accept my order, my dealer says my order has been accepted! He is seeing about 3 months from placing order to delivery. (Santorini Prestige, all options except RSE)

One of the options I am considering is an extended warranty. For $3,595 US I can extend the 4 yr/50,000 mile factory warranty to 6 yr/100,000 miles.

What is everyone's thoughts on the extended warranty? On one hand, with the Evoque being so new to the market, I'm thinking it would be money well spent so I don't have to worry about reliability. On the other hand, I know LR has improved their reliability over the past few years - and $3,595 is quite expensive!

Thoughts?
Sounds like a rip off to me,
(25-02-2012 03:13am)miller4isu Wrote: [ -> ]After waiting about 6 weeks for LR to accept my order, my dealer says my order has been accepted! He is seeing about 3 months from placing order to delivery. (Santorini Prestige, all options except RSE)

One of the options I am considering is an extended warranty. For $3,595 US I can extend the 4 yr/50,000 mile factory warranty to 6 yr/100,000 miles.

What is everyone's thoughts on the extended warranty? On one hand, with the Evoque being so new to the market, I'm thinking it would be money well spent so I don't have to worry about reliability. On the other hand, I know LR has improved their reliability over the past few years - and $3,595 is quite expensive!

Thoughts?

I got a +3 year (7yr total) 120,000KM (not miles but KM) for 2600 Canadian.

The question you have to pose yourself is "what is the likelyhood that there will be a major issue" and "if there is an issue, how much will it cost"

I figured that there is maybe a 60% chance that something will go wrong, and that it would cost me $4000 or so to repair. So 0.6 * 4000 = 2400.

So basically I am paying $200 for piece of mind. I also think I may have overestimated the percentage chance that something will go wrong between year 4 and year 7.

You may wish to just take that $4000 and park it in a savings account.
I would put the$3,595 towards a newer car still in warranty when the 3 years warranty is up.
(25-02-2012 09:39am)broady43 Wrote: [ -> ]I would put the$3,595 towards a newer car still in warranty when the 3 years warranty is up.

4 years in the USA, 3 years in the UK and until recently it used to be 2 years in Sweden and much of Europe.
Aren't factory warranties negotiable from dealerships? I'd try calling other LR dealerships for quotes.
I spend approximately $6,000 for the repairs of my RRS after its warranty ended and before 100K miles: suspension compressor, rear differential leak, transfer case. I like this rig to the point I am not selling it + what I'd have to spend for the new one is way way way more compared to what I can for this one. My days of changing the cars every 3 years are over - I simply have better use for the money. This is why I purchased an extended warranty for my wife's Evoque. I got it for $3,500 and its the same mileage and time limit as in the initial post. It is transferable so if we start hating the RRE we can get sell it with the vehicle.
(25-02-2012 07:22pm)Bo_vien Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't factory warranties negotiable from dealerships? I'd try calling other LR dealerships for quotes.

+1 like all insurance polices there is plenty of room for negotiation on extened warranties. Luckery the RRE does have expensive suspension or 4x4 system.
Before getting the extended warranty, I would inspect what it covers. Some basic warranties are just crap. Not having had a RR before I wonder what your experience with the basic warranty is. I'm happy with the 3 year assistance in europe it comes with.
All very good points - Does anyone know if the extended warranty has to be purchased at the same time as car purchase? It might be nice to have the Evoque for a while before I have to decide if I should purchase the extended warranty. My thought is that if I absolutely love the Evoque, and plan on keeping it long term, the extended warranty may make more sense. If I only plan on keeping it 3 years or so, it wouldn't make much sense to get the extended warranty.
Has anyone else in the US purchased the 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty? What did you end up paying for it?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's