babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: LR bespoke roof sports bars for roof rails - "oversize" profile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bought these through Duckworths the other day. Arrived within 24 hrs. Thanks Dan.

Was a bit surprised how large the profile of the bar was. It is 'oversize' when compared to the regular Thule bars and so the "U" clamps for my Thule "Halford Special" bike racks are too small! The same will apply to the Thule branded product from what I can see. So it looks like I might need to try and adapt the bars to a "T" fitting or end up laying out for the LR Thule racks. Any thoughts?

Have checked the clamps fom the Karrite topbox I have. They are at least ok but I still need to check the spacings on the holes in the box to ensure it will adjust to fit. Can only do that when I have the car!
Well the latest checking I have done suggests the 'T' fittings should do the trick. So I will look to try this out and post an update!

Just an hour or so to go now!!....Tick Tock.
Well what a saga! Not quite sorted as the threads on the "T" bolts didn't match my carrier fittings. Good job we checked and so he is ordering some new ones.

Rolling Eyes
Finally there with the fitting of the bike carriers.

Just need to get a slightly tighter fit on the rubbers that fit in the T track to stop the last bits of whistling!
Chuckle
Any cance of posting some pictures?

I am just about to buy the LR cross bars like you did as I think they will be a better fitting to the roof rails compared to the Thule foot (757) which is a strap under the rail.

What were the T clips you ended up buying? Do you have a part code as I any need them to fit a roof box.

Many thanks
(07-03-2012 12:08am)VirtualCamper Wrote: [ -> ]Chuckle
Any cance of posting some pictures?

I am just about to buy the LR cross bars like you did as I think they will be a better fitting to the roof rails compared to the Thule foot (757) which is a strap under the rail.

What were the T clips you ended up buying? Do you have a part code as I any need them to fit a roof box.

Many thanks

Per the the thread below, the 757 is actually the clamp footpack which apparently fits while the 775 is the less specific strap system that Thule come up with on their configurator. Most odd if the 757 actually fits. It surely is a better set up?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Fitting-O...ils?page=4
Sorry did I get the number wrong?
If Thule do do a clamp foot that fits with the cut out on the rails then definately better than the strap model on their configuration.
Defintely worth getting the definitive view on this, for the UK at least!

Your task, should you choose to accept it.......
adding some detail to show the the Lr roof rail & crossbar set up:

[img][Image: DSCF0559.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0560.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0564.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0562.jpg]

Note the "T" track that is used to attach the accessories.

Hope this is of some use!
Chuckieb
Many thanks
They're not as good as the Freelander mk1 racks then, other than being oval shaped. I don't like the allen key type fitting.

Tried the Thule 757 foot against the roof rail at the weekend and it won't work. Definately the wrong profile.

Don't know what to do now...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's