babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Keyless entry or power tailgate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are these useful options to add?

Who has added what
A few weeks back I was in the camp of saying you can live without both – but in the end I have chosen them (Car ordered is Dynamic - and these options separately).

Our current car has key less entry and the other day when walking back with arms full of shopping and it was raining I suddenly thought I’m glad I had key less entry - otherwise I would have had to place the shopping on the floor, take my phone, wallet out of pocket to get keys etc. It’s not the end of the world, but it makes life easier. If you’re off driving say with your wife/husband/partner etc, only thing to note is you can get used to keyless entry and become a bit lazy on who has the key. I have often left my wife stranded as the driver (or vice versa) in the vehicle when I have jumped the vehicle with the key in my pocket – guaranteed to happen once but hopefully not often.

Powered Tailgate I like this option as my hands are always getting dirty opening and closing our boot. Again you could say that it’s not absolutely necessary, but if it’s an option and you can afford then I would say it would be useful.
But, my only concern is how easily damaged the powered boot can become when accidently trying to shut manually, or in odd occasions when opening say if you are in a parked spot where you only want to open a little to prevent damaging the boot lid, can the powered operation be over ridden.
A few weeks back I was in the camp of saying you can live without both – but in the end I have chosen them (Car ordered is Dynamic - and these options separately).

Our current car has key less entry and the other day when walking back with arms full of shopping and it was raining I suddenly thought I’m glad I had key less entry - otherwise I would have had to place the shopping on the floor, take my phone, wallet out of pocket to get keys etc. It’s not the end of the world, but it makes life easier. If you’re off driving say with your wife/husband/partner etc, only thing to note is you can get used to keyless entry and become a bit lazy on who has the key. I have often left my wife stranded as the driver (or vice versa) in the vehicle when I have jumped the vehicle with the key in my pocket – guaranteed to happen once but hopefully not often.

Powered Tailgate I like this option as my hands are always getting dirty opening and closing our boot. Again you could say that it’s not absolutely necessary, but if it’s an option and you can afford then I would say it would be useful.
But, my only concern is how easily damaged the powered boot can become when accidently trying to shut manually, or in odd occasions when opening say if you are in a parked spot where you only want to open a little to prevent damaging the boot lid, can the powered operation be over ridden.
I think my profile is jinxed!!! I often get duplicate replies, or faulty new threads. Shocked
Alex do you only have 1 key, am wondering if you get 2 with the Evoque?
No on our Kuga we have two keys, however you can obviously get more than one but has to be programmed by the dealer - guess this would be the same for the Evoque. On ours there is also a manual override key that slots out in case perhaps the key battery went dead; and again I assume this would be standard with most keyless entry systems.
I did ask rr at the NEC, what happens when the key goes out of range with the car still running. She told me the engine would stop, but this was something she wasn't sure about. Alex did say that on his Ford a message comes up on the display.If the evoque shuts down, you could be left stuck on the road side. Anyone going to the live show this weekend, could you ask this to one of the rr engineers there please.
The poll needs two more options; Neither and Both.
(04-06-2011 09:40am)doug Wrote: [ -> ]I did ask rr at the NEC, what happens when the key goes out of range with the car still running. She told me the engine would stop, but this was something she wasn't sure about. Alex did say that on his Ford a message comes up on the display.If the evoque shuts down, you could be left stuck on the road side. Anyone going to the live show this weekend, could you ask this to one of the rr engineers there please.

Good question to ask!
It surely would not be safe for the engine just to shut down if the key was out of range....

The key range to start the vehicle in the Kuga is literally inside the vehicle only.... Step outside the door with the key in your pocket and it tells you it's not detected.....
(04-06-2011 10:40am)Urban Splash Wrote: [ -> ]It surely would not be safe for the engine just to shut down if the key was out of range....

The key range to start the vehicle in the Kuga is literally inside the vehicle only.... Step outside the door with the key in your pocket and it tells you it's not detected.....
The engine shuts down is on my car as well and when I bought it the salesman was extolling its virtue as it stops jump in thieves nicking it.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's