babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Prestige Vs Dynamic Exterior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This may be a bit of a contentious issue but does anybody feel like me, that the prestige or pure exterior is much more preferable to the dynamic? I have a feeling I may be outnumbered on this one but from a design point of view I feel it is far superior. I dont know if a lot of people are ticking the box on dynamic simply because it is the supposed 'sports' model despite the bodykit detracting from the original LRX design, not enhancing it.

Ive been trying to rack my brains for ages to figure out why it doesnt look as good and what I've come up with is this:

-In normal non suv cars lowered sideskirts looks great and sporty. But on this suv crossover it brings it back down to earth again and makes it look less 4x4, more suped up hot hatch. The optical illusion you get that the car is sitting much higher from the ground from the dark sideskirts on the prestige/pure is gone. The dark sidekirts help the car look like its 'up on its haunches' and ready to pounce.

-The skid plates front and back are too obvious on the dynamic and that's the first thing to catch your eye. Lets face it they arent very pretty. On prestige it's a more subtle shade.

-The square exhausts might have been nice if they were real but they're fake! You can see right through to the road from the rear, they're just a facade and as such cheap and tacky.

-The whole look of the car is supposed to be squat and muscular and mean. You can see it from the slim headlights, flared arches etc. The dark sideskirt areas on the prestige help to emphasise this by making the bodywork look less tall and more squat which encourages it to look more aggressive.

-The LRX design is a very careful progression from the older Range Rovers. If you look over the years they have become less 'green housey', not as 'high'. In short they have ventured further and further from the more traditional boxy look. The dynamic I feel is a step back and not as forward looking. The high side doors are more in keeping with the older designs.

-The silver grill, accents on the prestige as opposed to the black ones on the dynamic look slicker and more ipody especially in white.

-The prestige has a little silver trim on the side doors which looks like a step and is kinda cool. 8 )

All subjective of course!

Any thoughts any one?
(13-02-2012 09:21pm)stef.c Wrote: [ -> ]This may be a bit of a contentious issue but does anybody feel like me, that the prestige or pure exterior is much more preferable to the dynamic? I have a feeling I may be outnumbered on this one but from a design point of view I feel it is far superior. I dont know if a lot of people are ticking the box on dynamic simply because it is the supposed 'sports' model despite the bodykit detracting from the original LRX design, not enhancing it.

Ive been trying to rack my brains for ages to figure out why it doesnt look as good and what I've come up with is this:

-In normal non suv cars lowered sideskirts looks great and sporty. But on this suv crossover it brings it back down to earth again and makes it look less 4x4, more suped up hot hatch. The optical illusion you get that the car is sitting much higher from the ground from the dark sideskirts on the prestige/pure is gone.

-The skid plates front and back are too obvious on the dynamic and that's the first thing to catch your eye. Lets face it they arent very pretty. On prestige it's a more subtle shade.

-The whole look of the car is supposed to be squat and muscular and mean. You can see it from the slim headlights, flared arches etc. The dark sideskirt areas on the prestige help to emphasise this by making the bodywork look less tall and more squat which encourages it to look more aggressive.

-The LRX design is a very careful progression from the older Range Rovers. If you look over the years they have become less 'green housey', not as 'high'. In short they have ventured further and further from the more traditional boxy look. The dynamic I feel is a step back and not as forward looking. The high side doors are more in keeping with the older designs.

-The silver grill, accents on the prestige as opposed to the black ones on the dynamic look slicker and more ipody especially in white.

-The prestige has a little silver trim on the side doors which looks like a step and is kinda cool. 8 )

All subjective of course!

Any thoughts any one?

I prefer the Dynamic exterior (except for the exhausts, which I find gimmicky and like some Japanese hatchbacks), BUT have ordered a Prestige for its interior. The bit I like best about the Dynamic is its side view! My reason is that I actually like the 'boxy' RR look, and I's not keen on brightwork such as the Prestige/Pure sill 'flash'.
Your preference.. Not mine... I chose the Dynamic because I much prefer the Dynamic body to the Pure/Prestige.

-In normal non suv cars lowered sideskirts looks great and sporty. But on this suv crossover it brings it back down to earth again and makes it look less 4x4, more suped up hot hatch. The optical illusion you get that the car is sitting much higher from the ground from the dark sideskirts on the prestige/pure is gone.
I don't like the black plastic and chrome trim under the bodywork

I think the fogs look too close to the edge of the body work

Makes the wheels look too low and not built into the car

Still don't like the big black plastic sills

The gloss black looks more in keeping with the white/black theme.

1970's chrome window sill look

Either way they both look great, just the dynamic looks better in my eyes, and I put my money where my mouth is!

I will say the Prestige looks better in the metal than online in my view.
I feel completely the opposite.

I think the bigger front bumper-thing and bigger rear, with the chrome square exhausts, helps give the bottom of the car a bit more gravitas - which it needs. The prestige and the pure look a bit weedy from both front and back. The silver trim on the prestige looks great, but on some colours looks a bit feeble, whereas the dynamic black trim looks strong on every colour (although it's obviously lost on a black evoque).

Anyhow, as you said, everyone's going to have different opinions..... I've been to see my dynamic, that's waiting for me at the dealership, and it looks stunning, sure footed and well balanced.
(13-02-2012 09:49pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the Dynamic exterior (except for the exhausts, which I find gimmicky and like some Japanese hatchbacks), BUT have ordered a Prestige for its interior. The bit I like best about the Dynamic is its side view! My reason is that I actually like the 'boxy' RR look, and I's not keen on brightwork such as the Prestige/Pure sill 'flash'.

The exhausts! I forgot about that one! Updating my post now.
I agree with you StefVery Happy

You will note that the main advertising picture for the Evoque is a Fuji Prestige Coupe! I Wonder why that could be.........

We are getting a five door for practical reasons but if had the choice of anything I would go for an OG Prestige CoupeVery Happy

I looked at them all again in the flesh at the weekend and the Prestige was definitely the more impressive looking carVery Happy

Obviously all the DYNAMICS on here will disagree, but deep down they know they have dropped a B****ck!!LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
(13-02-2012 09:59pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Your preference.. Not mine... I chose the Dynamic because I much prefer the Dynamic body to the Pure/Prestige.

I don't like the black plastic and chrome trim under the bodywork

I think the fogs look too close to the edge of the body work

Makes the wheels look too low and not built into the car

Still don't like the big black plastic sills

The gloss black looks more in keeping with the white/black theme.

1970's chrome window sill look

Either way they both look great, just the dynamic looks better in my eyes, and I put my money where my mouth is!

I will say the Prestige looks better in the metal than online in my view.

Haha! Not entirely in agreement then. I do agree that the dynamic still looks great I was just trying to start a debate really.
It's all very well provoking debate but I feel you've gone too far into, "my preferences are the best" and alienated people. I started reading your post with intrege as I feel exactly the same and will be getting a prestige because a) I feel it looks classier and b) The leather is far superior. But then I want a fun colour but that works better on a dynamic!

Personally I think the body kit makes the dynamic look a bit toy car like, but one thing I've learnt through the years is that all tastes are different so I can only see this thread turning into a flame war.

Let's just leave it at different tastes for different buyers.
(13-02-2012 10:39pm)Asty Wrote: [ -> ]It's all very well provoking debate but I feel you've gone too far into, "my preferences are the best" and alienated people. I started reading your post with intrege as I feel exactly the same and will be getting a prestige because a) I feel it looks classier and b) The leather is far superior. But then I want a fun colour but that works better on a dynamic!

Personally I think the body kit makes the dynamic look a bit toy car like, but one thing I've learnt through the years is that all tastes are different so I can only see this thread turning into a flame war.

Let's just leave it at different tastes for different buyers.

Think you are taking this a bit too seriously!! You are right it is all about personal tastes but if people feel insulted from what has been posted, then may I suggest THEY have a problem!!

I'm sure Stef wasn't thinking of invading Poland next!!LaughingLaughingLaughing By the way that was a joke and by no means meant to upset anyone!
I like the look of the exterior of the Dynamic (except gimmicky exhausts) but we went with the prestige because of its far superior interior in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of all the black plastic on sides, front and rear bumpers but love the silver strip. My plan is to have the black either wrapped/painted in white.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's