babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Help from Dynamic owners please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have poor dab reception and have spoken to the dealer who says the aerial is visible in the rear quarter glass both sides, he says he has a Dynamic in the showroom and can clearly see two thin wires. Mine is two weeks old and i cannot see it. My question is am I missing the aerial. Dealer wants me to drive 60 miles or they will pick up car for a look, but thought I would ask for help on here first.
Thanks Very Happy
(13-02-2012 05:37pm)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have poor dab reception and have spoken to the dealer who says the aerial is visible in the rear quarter glass both sides, he says he has a Dynamic in the showroom and can clearly see two thin wires. Mine is two weeks old and i cannot see it. My question is am I missing the aerial. Dealer wants me to drive 60 miles or they will pick up car for a look, but thought I would ask for help on here first.
Thanks Very Happy

Think he maybe getting mixed up with the Heated Rear quarters on a 5 door! Then again I maybe talking complete *!$! as usual!!Laughing
Mine is a 5 door but can't see any wires, just a grey edge around the glass.
(13-02-2012 05:48pm)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is a 5 door but can't see any wires, just a grey edge around the glass.

I distinctly remember seeing some form of "Wiring" on the rear qaurtes on the 5 door ones I have seen but I automatically thought it was some form of "Demist" function, which it probably isn't!! So maybe rthey are the radio bitsConfused Told you I idin't know what I was on about!Laughing
There's a thread ongoing here regarding this headlined "Dab & FM reception poor":

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dab-FM-reception-poor

I've got a Dynamic, and here's what I wrote on that thread; hopes this helps:

Here in the US: I got a call from my dealer last week that I was to bring my RRE in for a "reception module upgrade" because some owners have been reporting poor reception, and Land Rover has a fix. I haven't experienced poor reception in my RRE, but I took mine in to the dealership yesterday for the upgrade. It took them about an hour to complete.

So this must be an issue Land Rover is well aware of and, yes, they do have a fix for it.
Hi.
I mentioned this to the UK dealer and he has not heard of a fix here.
The antenna for the radio is the heated front screen where fitted or a wire matrix in the rear quarter when the front screen is not present
(13-02-2012 06:29pm)tetstb Wrote: [ -> ]The antenna for the radio is the heated front screen where fitted or a wire matrix in the rear quarter when the front screen is not present

So you know that, but my dealer doesn't? Thats poorSad
Also the dealer did say he looked at a Dynamic which would have the heated screen and still said he could see it in the rear quarters. Does he know what a Dynamic looks like?
You may well have saved me a 120 mile round trip, i also asked the dealer service if they could ask Land Rover but he insisted they would not speak to him without the car!Laughing
Front screen? Really? According to the parts catalogue it's actually in the roof (at the back slap bang in the middle when viewed from the back/front) with different versions for the pano and non pano roof (for both analogue and DAB)

The only 'visible' aerial would be if you have the tv option then the rear quarter glass would have a small bit of the aerial for the tv visible (hence the some has it some don't remarks)
Reference URL's