babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Did you order adaptive dynamics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cannot decide wether to get the adaptive dyn. option. I don't know how does it really compares to the stabdard setup as we cannot test drive. Does it prevent body roll noticeably compared to the standard ones while keeping good comfort levels...
The test drives from the magazines are not too usefull, as i think they have only driven cars with this option so cannot compare.

This is hard to decide, as I need to get prestige or dynamic to able to add this, which will become very costly.

So did you spec it or not? And why.. Thanks!
Too expensive for me, I figure the Evoque will drive as good as any other SUV with the standard suspension, if not better already.
I'm sure the Magneride is wonderful, but probably more suited to the sporty petrol version?
Ordered
Heard from various sources that it's the Dog's Bs
Ant
Is that Magneride? A friend of mine has driven one a few times and says Magneride is awesome.
(01-06-2011 09:36pm)LRX Wrote: [ -> ]Is that Magneride? A friend of mine has driven one a few times and says Magneride is awesome.

Yes. The technology used for the dumpers is MagneRide.
Ok, well I was told it's a must-have. She's driven all three versions on a test track and says that the Magneride made a massive difference. Not sure if it only makes a difference on a test track though. Maybe you'll not notice it when driving the kids the mile and a half to school each day.
I spoke to one of the engineers at the NEC event who test drive the vehicles and he told me it completely redefined the driving experience, and was one of the cars best attributes. He highly recommended the feature.

Because of economics I'm choosing the Dynamic (as it comes standard on Dynamic) as I wanted that feature including a few other options.

Obviously none of us will really know until we test drive the vehicle, but none the less the reviews, and conversations so far have highly rated the feature.
Thanks LRX!

And i found this: "Land Rover claims third-generation Magneride outperforms the quality damping system at each extremes of the dynamic and luxury spectrums."

So it seems like it is offering good comfort or dynamics when required, withiut compromising on either one...
The write ups on magneride have been so conclusive in its benefits to me it seemed a must have.
Plus with the Prestige it will, I think, help with the ride and sporty handling.
I'm at least 5-6 months away from ordering but I voted yes as I believe it is a major leap in suspension design. Certainly better value then RSE.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's