babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Question about early dealer demos.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, does anyone know if the first dealer demos were production cars or some sort of pre-production ones? The dealer demos I'm referring to are the Fuji White Prestiges with spirit interior that were delivered to many dealers before actual people got their first cars, and that featured in many presentations before its official launch. If they were pre production cars should I pass on them?

Thanks
I was told that the cars that were at the unleashed events (11 reg's) were to be destroyed as they were pre type approval or something like that.
(02-02-2012 06:35pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]I was told that the cars that were at the unleashed events (11 reg's) were to be destroyed as they were pre type approval or something like that.

No, the one I found is registered in Germany and is being sold with warranty, it was a demo vehicle and has about 2500 km on it. They were confused when I asked if it is a production or pre-production car.
I have seen two 11 reg RRE on the road,one Fuji one Black.
(02-02-2012 06:41pm)ameer Wrote: [ -> ]No, the one I found is registered in Germany and is being sold with warranty, it was a demo vehicle and has about 2500 km on it. They were confused when I asked if it is a production or pre-production car.

Take it off-road. If the panoramic roof cracks, it's pre-production Smile
(02-02-2012 06:35pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]I was told that the cars that were at the unleashed events (11 reg's) were to be destroyed as they were pre type approval or something like that.

I was told by someone senior in LR that they were production cars and would be auctioned to the dealers at an appropriate time to be sold on. This includes the Stornoway grey cars which were mostly dynamics.
Having lived very close to gaydon for a while I think that all the Jag and LR pre-production cars (prototypes, very early press demos) were on V? 11 number plates as this ties in with the nearest vehicle licencing office to Gaydon. All the official production cars are O? 11 or 61 number plates. As with any manufacturer ALL pre-production cars would be crushed anyway so there is no chance of a sub-standard part getting to the publicSmile
(03-02-2012 08:41am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote: [ -> ]Having lived very close to gaydon for a while I think that all the Jag and LR pre-production cars (prototypes, very early press demos) were on V? 11 number plates as this ties in with the nearest vehicle licencing office to Gaydon. All the official production cars are O? 11 or 61 number plates. As with any manufacturer ALL pre-production cars would be crushed anyway so there is no chance of a sub-standard part getting to the publicSmile

That's what I thought OY11 were a lot of the plates, the Dynamic I used on the unleashed certainly was.
On an older note I know 100% that some MG Rover demo/Pre production etc cars ended up in the public domain though I suspect this was due to confusion as to what was what & who owned what after the closure!
Any Evoque with an 11 reg plate is more than likely to be one of the final pre-production cars and may not be built to UK spec. The Si4 at Rockingham LRE Centre is a Prestige for example.
Reference URL's