babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Sat Nav Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's a silly postcode input system.

After each letter/number is input(ted?) it thinks for 2 seconds about what the following "legal" options are available.

If for example you want to enter AB1 2YZ, and "AB12 9AA" exists, you must press "[_]" (space) after the "1" otherwise you will be stuck with "AB12" and it's expecting a number to form the first of the last three characters of the postcode.
If AB12 xxx postcodes didn't exist in your area, you wouldn't have to press the "space" option.

It's inconsistent and above all SLOW.
(02-02-2012 02:34pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, just gone out in one glove and I am still able to operate the screen.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Just went to car to sort it!

Basically the Sat Nav was set to Belgium meaning only numbers where available to select. A quick change to set destination to GBR then hey presto!

Not sure why Sat Nav was set to Belgium though?
Best ask the wife !!! Laughing
(02-02-2012 09:29pm)andyuk Wrote: [ -> ]Just went to car to sort it!

Basically the Sat Nav was set to Belgium meaning only numbers where available to select. A quick change to set destination to GBR then hey presto!

Not sure why Sat Nav was set to Belgium though?

Same here, when I received my car in Switzerland, nav was set to Belgium
That'll be an EU Directive out of Brussels probablyWink
Had the same with mine too,took me ages to figure out it was set to belgium Embarrassed
Fife via Gent, now that's some diversion!
Glad to see the dealers did their bit at the pdi !
Tip of the week. You do not have to wait for the letter or number to come up before you press the next one. You can enter before it goes white.

Cheers
Griff
(02-02-2012 10:07pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Fife via Gent, now that's some diversion!
Glad to see the dealers did their bit at the pdi !

I entered Hampshire as a point of interest and it came as NONE FOUND!Laughing
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's