babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are rattles a legitimate excuse for taking the car back to the dealer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had my car for a couple of weeks, and done about 500miles only.

In the last day or so, I have noticed a couple of rattles. One in particular, whilst not very loud, is there 75% of the time.

Is this reason enough to take it back in for attention?
Yes, but make sure you find a bit of road near the dealer you can demonstrate it, as they won't do anything unless they can re-produce it.
I would say that you are definitely in your right to bring it back for at least an inspection. If they will do something about it will maybe depend on how hard you insist. But it is still under warranty and a rattle should not occur on a brand new car.
If I wanted rattles I would go to mothercare Laughing
I mentioned a rattle my car has - it's near the TV receiver in the roof lining - to the Dealer I purchased my car from and they were more than happy to arrange to have my car checked and a Courtesy car made available. I've not taken them up yet on their offer but will soon probably.
I hate cars that rattle, there is no excuse especially at £45k. Took ours back to the dealer yesterday (250 mile round trip) for a rattle in the headlining behind the passengers sun visor. Easy to demonstrate, just lightly tap the head lining and there was a vibration, dealer fixed it while we waited 1 1/4 hours, they even washed the car.

If anyone suffers from the same, there is a wiring harness which runs up the nearside screen piller to supply the overhead lighting etc. and there is a harness plug just behind the sun visor, it was not secured properly.

Journey home yesterday plus a 25 mile run today to the shops - all thankfully quiet, we can now fully enjoy the car.

Tony
Reference URL's