babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Collection Inspection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hopefully going to collect mine this afternoon, or first thing in the morning, however i need some adive on inspecting the car before paying for it.

I am already aware of looking to make sure headrest sits right, marks on the leather, leather all smooth on the dash.

I also will looking to make sure all trim lines up (interior and Exterior).

I will also check paint work, especially around the spoiler, and where metal work meets the bumpers.

I guess i will also check all the electrics work, such as lights, stereo, heater/air con, windows, electric tailgate etc.

I also think i will make sure i can turn the car on (always useful).

However what else should i be doing?
Check all the optional extras you paid for are included!!
in the heat of the moment, some of the simplest/biggest things might be overlooked!!

PS, looking forward to seeing some pics, I've got a fuji/style 7 wheels combo coming, really keen on confirming I've made the right choice Very Happy
As it's Fuji definitely check the paint finish on plastic parts, bumpers and rear spoiler for coverage problems. Shocked
what is the best thing to do if there are paint problems, should you reject the car or accept it with the proviso that it is sorted to your satisfaction, either way I think it would spoil the new car experience somewhat.
So bloody annoying that such a premium product even gets out of the factory with these paint defects.Confused
If the paint defect is only on a plastic part then I personally wouldn't reject it, just get it in writing that the part will be replaced/resprayed. If the defect was on the metal work (wings, doors) then you'd have to consider rejecting it depending on how the fault is rectified.

Paint repairs never match the factory finish and are detectable to the trained eye therefore when it comes to resale time you may have to convince a perspective buyer that a wing/door was repainted due to a QC issue rather than accident damage.
although it will vary slightly, rejecting based on the sales of goods act requires you to give the dealer reasonable opportunity to fix the issue.
That, and you wouldn't wan to wait another 6,7,8 months for a new car? Sad

O/T but in a previous car buying experience I had a car which leaked... badly, I washed it on Day 2 and the leather seats were soaking...
the dealer had it for the next 10 weeks before I told them to keep it (after a bit of a fight) and get me a new one (which was fast tracked), and I did get an 'almost' like for like courtesy car to rag the balls off until my new one arrived.
Regarding checking for my options, i'm pretty sure i can suss the wheels, and the panoramic roof, but what are obvious signs for the 825w stereo, as the speakers grills in the doors are the same on both systems, do i just need to check surround options is available on the screen? or just chuck in a drum and bass CD to see if a sub really is under the front seats?
Mine had really bad paint issues on one side of the car which I didn't notice until I had had the car a few weeks. My dealer offered to repair it under warranty. I was not happy about having a brand new car re-sprayed for a second time ( as I believe the car was damaged after leaving the factory and repaired/re-sprayed) so I rejected the car and they agreed to get me a new one. I still have the car to use until the new one arrives! My paintwork was particularly bad with paint marks on door rubbers and paint runs on bottom of both doors. All I would say is have a close look at all the body work as I only notiiced mine when I got close up washing the car myself, if I had taken it to a car wash I may still not have noticed it now!
Think that seems to a recurrent theme of the Fuji,s White seems to show up any probs quite readily. What do other people make opf the moulding lines on the spoiler etc, do you think these should have been flatted down prior to painting? As if i spot something like this i will bring it up with the dealer. If something really bad happens, I'll make them lend me the XKr in the dealership window Wink
Have any of you had paint issues with any of the other colours besides fuji.

Pure SD4 OG Auto/
Pan Roof/Xenons/Privacy Glass/
Front Parking Sensors/Fogs/
Rear Cam/Folding Mirrors
April 30th Hopefully!!!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's