babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Meridian Audio Systems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you have ordered the 825W system how do you tell that you have not been ripped off & end up with the 350W system? Unless you have experienced both systems one after the other how would you be any the wiser? Or are there any badges etc on the higher spec (cost) system?
You get more speakers....
i think there are 2 in the door, which would be easy to spot.
There are extra settings in the sound options as well for surround sound.
Can I just add to the post and ask how good each system is?

We've gone standard as I thought the name and 325 would be plenty enough. The upgrade seemed a fairly pricey option for what is surely only extra decibals coming at your from more speakers? Presume the 'core' speakers are still the same? I think the whole surround sound is potentially a bit gimmicky in terms of audio. Good clarity and non distortion of mid, bass, and treble is all I'm looking for. Fingers crossed the 'base' 325 watt system is the audio experience I'm hoping it is...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
I'm more than happy with the standard 325W system - much better than the system in my Porsche 911 and Mercedes SL55.
(26-01-2012 12:48pm)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more than happy with the standard 325W system - much better than the system in my Porsche 911 and Mercedes SL55.

I have the 825w system and it is pretty amazing . I had the Bose kit in my Audi A6 and my wife has Harmon Kardon in her Merc and it blows them well into space. Its not just about decibels, its about the surround sound features and the speakers are slightly different . It then comes down to how hard the amp has to work to deliver the sound you want and whilst I won't have mine at full volume, louder tracks that place more demand on the system will sound better.

I can't compare with the 325w of course but I think the upgrade to 825w was worth the money.
I agree that the 825 W system does sound better than Harman Kardon and Bose systems I've had in previous cars. I like the high and midrange but find it lacks bass - but then this is true of every factory system I've heard.

I have a JL Audio amp and sub ready to go in from my previous car to resolve the bass - but that's just my personal taste.
(26-01-2012 10:24am)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]If you have ordered the 825W system how do you tell that you have not been ripped off & end up with the 350W system? Unless you have experienced both systems one after the other how would you be any the wiser? Or are there any badges etc on the higher spec (cost) system?

As suggested you will have the Surround options up on the head unit - there are actually only three extra speaker assemblies (they are coaxial units so Meridian count each one as 2 - so 6 additional speakers) beyond the 380w system.

One co-ax unit is in the centre of the dash and the other pair - if the Meridian materials are correct are somewhere at the rear - possibly in the parcel shelf supports I wonder??

Meridian claim that the Evoque speakers are 'active' so they actually have an amplifier in each speaker assembly - whcih is a departure from normal car audio designs - more expensive to do as well.
(26-01-2012 02:16pm)Coolbanana Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that the 825 W system does sound better than Harman Kardon and Bose systems I've had in previous cars. I like the high and midrange but find it lacks bass - but then this is true of every factory system I've heard.

I have a JL Audio amp and sub ready to go in from my previous car to resolve the bass - but that's just my personal taste.

Interestting to note, i was thinking along similar lines, but how are you going to wire yours in and feed a line to the amp?
I have the standard system and it's really rather good (and I work in the music industry). More than loud enough, bright and the bass is quite solid.

My issue is how much it makes everything rattle. I can't use all the power and bass as it sounds like the car is going to fall to bits.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's