babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: An all time low for me??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well last night i think i hit an all time low as far as the evoque wait goes.

As i have already posted the delivery date for my pure has gone back again making it nearly 10 months since i ordered. I keep reading about others ordering far later getting cars far earlier and it also seems i only get provided information when i ask the dealer, not the other way round.

Now i just cannot get it out of my head that I should just cancel the car and get my deposit back (if i still can) and then start looking at cars again to see if something else floats my boat.

I had been really, really looking forward to the evoque but the uncertainty about the whole situation is causing me stress i could do without and souring the whole experience. I know it may seem like i am being a drama queen but i am genuinely cheesed off
I understand your frustration. Have you considered buying a used or registered new one as I did back in September until mine comes through? There are plenty available on Autotrader website (about 160 on average) As for alternatives I think you would regret it as it has been years since anything came along that made me rush to get the cheque book out. I felt that anything else was lacking in style and design. Audi Q3? OH please!
(26-01-2012 09:44am)DT Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your frustration. Have you considered buying a used or registered new one as I did back in September until mine comes through? There are plenty available on Autotrader website (about 160 on average) As for alternatives I think you would regret it as it has been years since anything came along that made me rush to get the cheque book out. I felt that anything else was lacking in style and design. Audi Q3? OH please!

I have considered this but as i am waiting on a fairly low spec pure the other cars available now are all more expensive than i want to pay. I dont do finance on cars so only want to spend what I have saved for a car.

I was considering startng my search from scratch which might not even end up in me getting an suv
ED209 - I totally understand your frustration. See me other posts on my delay. I got my car last Friday, but please hang on in there, the car is really excellent you will not be disappointed. Please dont get Q3 or Q5, you will be disappointed.
If it were me, I know that whilst I might cancel out of principal..... I would then never be fully satisfied with any other car as Evoque was the one I really wanted (and let's be honest nothing else really compares). Other cars may be cheaper or come with discount..... But for many of us on here the cost in comparison to other cars (so long as affordable) is pretty much irrelevant. I know I could get some great cars (bigger engine, better spec) for what I will pay for the Evoque..... But I have little interest!

As excited and impatient as I am to get my car, I am resigned to fact that it will come when it does..... And that there is nothing LR or the dealer can do to speed things up just for me. Fortunately thus far my dealer seems to have been honest with me about where things are up to.
I went through same thing just before christmas, I was fortunate in that my dealer was very good, and changed spec on an order they had fopr a demo to match mine, and sell that to me, should have the keys next week, originally i ordered back in september for an march/april delivery date.

I would however point out at this time i considered the audi options, and due to a problem with engine suppliers waiting list for both Q3 and Q5 were between 8 and 12 months as well. I think for these types of high demand cars, there is always going to be these types of wait.

However if you looking for something more immediate and not an SUV, i loved sitting in a jag XF 2.2SE, and there should be some of these on the forecourt that you could drive straight away, costs are similar to a pure, and you get the 190bhp 2.2 diesel and 8speed auto included in this with leather. I very nearly wished i got this instead, but Wife loves the Evoque, and didn't want a saloon, I wanted both and and would have been very happy with either.
I ont think if i cancelled it would be a q5/q3 on my list, it wouls also need to be a hatch/estate/suv to accomodate a labrador.
(26-01-2012 09:28am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Well last night i think i hit an all time low as far as the evoque wait goes.

As i have already posted the delivery date for my pure has gone back again making it nearly 10 months since i ordered. I keep reading about others ordering far later getting cars far earlier and it also seems i only get provided information when i ask the dealer, not the other way round.

Now i just cannot get it out of my head that I should just cancel the car and get my deposit back (if i still can) and then start looking at cars again to see if something else floats my boat.

I had been really, really looking forward to the evoque but the uncertainty about the whole situation is causing me stress i could do without and souring the whole experience. I know it may seem like i am being a drama queen but i am genuinely cheesed off

Go to your dealers today and arrest the dealer principle for wasting Police time!Laughing
(26-01-2012 09:28am)ED209 Wrote: [ -> ]Well last night i think i hit an all time low as far as the evoque wait goes.

Really Crap News, and what I am half expecting as it gets supposidly nearer to delivery!! What have your dates changed to/from?

If we don't have the car in our posession by end of March I am going to be seriously upset!Evil
I have to be honest and say that whilst I was waiting for my Evoque which was delayed by 2 months, I found that visiting this forum just wound me up even more (although I continued to do so on a daily basis!). I got wound up reading about those who had already taken delivery (as pleased as I was for them) and I got wound up reading posts from those who were also experiencing delays.....

Also, I have never been so excited over buying a new car previously and again visiting this forum exaggerated my feelings and so when it arrived, as pleased as I was, I have to admit to feeling a little deflated after such a huge build up...

We all know that given the amount of money we are spending with LR we would prefer a better service but as my hubby would say, it is what it is, so you either have to accept LR's level of service or cancel and move on... I should add that my dealer was brilliant from start to finish but I did contact them once a fortnight to keep up with progress/delivery dates etc they always returned my emails/calls and TBH I didn't expect them to contact me unless something had changed dramatically.....

I think you would regret cancelling, can you try to take a more 'laid back' approach? At the end of the day, the car will arrive when it arrives and I don't think there is a great deal you can do to alter that, so why don't you take a step back, try to enjoy the anticipation in the knowledge that when the car arrives you will KNOW that you did the right thing...

Hope this helps a little?!?!?

Ali.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's