babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: TD4 Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a pic of the TD4 exhaust as there is still a few people debating whether it's 1 or 2.
[Image: b41a3deb.jpg]
Hi J,hows the new motor coming along?Welcome to the fife owners club...get that car washed its filthy !! Laughing
Car's great. I hope there is no initiation to get into the owners club, will probably give it the first wash this week. Maybe need to fit the mudflaps as it's throwing up a lot of muck.
That's mine a week old now and was forced to wash it today,the white is a real dirt magnet!
Seriously might consider a set of flaps for it think it would help,the front is clean enough but up the sides and down the back is mawkit. (english people may have use google search)
So have you bought mudflaps and just not fitted them?
You will be also happy to hear there is no requirement to pass an initiation test to join the club,being a native of fife will suffice Very Happy
No not got mudflaps yet but thinking about getting them. The trouble is, will it spoil the look of the car?
Personally I like them but was overruled by you know who!
Was going to add them to my list of dealer freebies to negotiate but thought I was pushing it as I already had done not too bad out of them.Did they mention what discount you would get off accessories or parts?
I normally get 20% off parts/accessories that's with Fraser Shand (parts manager) sometimes 15% if it's just a parts advisor. They are usually quite good.
Thanks J will keep that figure in mind!
On another subject-how do you find the td4 evoque compared to the sd4 freelander yo traded in?with regards to fuel economy,performance,refinement etc....
The freelander was a good car but with it being an auto ( the only option for fl2 SD4 ) it was a bit gutsy but also a bit quicker than the evoque. Fuel consumption on the Freelander was at best 38-40mpg on a long drive but you really had to work at it where as the evoque today hit 45mpg no problem, the evoque by far is a more refined place to be and a lot more fun to drive, the TD4 evoque is nippy compared to my first fl2 TD4. I test drove a SD4 manual evoque and it didn't feel that much quicker than the TD4 but had a drive in a SD4 auto and it was a lot quicker. Overall the evoque is head and shoulders above the freelander, in my opinion anyway.
Glad to see you two gents have got your motors, you must be well chuffed. Would like to join the Fife Club when mine eventually arrives still no news of a build date.
How was the hand over and did everything come on the car that you ordered
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's