babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Steering wheel too skinny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fatter wheel anyone?

1500 miles in and the most tactile thing in car is not bonding with me.

The rim just feels a bit small in diameter and doesn't ooze that premium or sporty feel that the thicker ones do in our Disco or previous sporty audis/bmws.

Did the Dynamic get a thicker rim version or is it standard across all models.

So who has the micrometer to check the diameter and compare?

Also finding the paddles irritating as on a long drive (first w/e was 10hr round trip) it didn't seem comfy to have my fingers resting on the paddles nor is there enough space to fit comfortably in between wheel and paddle.

And no I don't have sausages for fingers!
Maybe the Dynamic has a thicker wheel, because I have found mine to be fine...but I don't think so.
My dynamic was fitted with a partially wooden wheel along the top half which is black and I hate it. In fact it's the thing I dislike the most about the truck. Would love to trade it out for the standard leather wrap wheel. That part of it feels great.
I love the Steering wheel!
(21-01-2012 11:46am)RoverMD Wrote: [ -> ]My dynamic was fitted with a partially wooden wheel along the top half which is black and I hate it. In fact it's the thing I dislike the most about the truck. Would love to trade it out for the standard leather wrap wheel. That part of it feels great.

Can you please post a picture of your wheel...I was a bit miffed that a half wooden wheel wasn't an option so I may be interested in a swap
I dont like the cheap plastic finish on the top of steering wheel root, two flimsy plastic sheets which dont appear to be attached.
I'm sure all the steering wheels are the same diameter in thickness, could it be the indicator stalks? I found them too high never noticed any other car to be like this.
Yes too high, I often cant see what setting the headlights are at without peering over
I to have found the steering wheel set a little to
high when I went for a test drive in november
even after adjusting the reach and rake, but skinny? no.

Pure 5door auto/Orkney/Pan/Privacy/Xenons/Rear cam/Puddle lamps
Fogs.
I agree....steering wheel is too skinny and doesn't ooze that premium feel. I am getting used to it, but it doesn't drive me wild...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's