babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Iconic gesture for an iconic car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Just been the proud owner of the Evoque. Apart from the head turners, I am also doing the same to other Evoque divers. Fancy, on the first night out I pulled up beside another 'Evoquee''. He gave me a thumbs up and I returned him the favour and with a wide grin.
The next couple of weeks, I noticed other Evoquees, but they seemed to ignore me. Was it Because i had a better spec compared to theirs or was mine more of an eye catcher than theirs???

Bus drivers flash each other when they pass each other on the roads.
VW beetle-mania give each other peace signs .....
BMW drivers give a v sign when they can't get past other road hoggers..( coming from a ex-BMW owner ).
Should we start a trend or am I being silly and a show-off?
There will be plenty of Evoques in the near future, the novelty will die out and the DC 100 will be the new stud... So for the time being should we just be happy with what we have got and acknowledge our fellow Evoques.... Anyone up for starting up a trend.... 'Thumbs up'Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up sounds cool to me.....
What do you feel about it???
Sounds like a plan.

I always acknowledge other Evoque owners with a thumbs up, but never get anything back which makes me feel like a bit of a t*t.
(21-01-2012 07:37am)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. Just been the proud owner of the Evoque. Apart from the head turners, I am also doing the same to other Evoque divers. Fancy, on the first night out I pulled up beside another 'Evoquee''. He gave me a thumbs up and I returned him the favour and with a wide grin.
The next couple of weeks, I noticed other Evoquees, but they seemed to ignore me. Was it Because i had a better spec compared to theirs or was mine more of an eye catcher than theirs???

Bus drivers flash each other when they pass each other on the roads.
VW beetle-mania give each other peace signs .....
BMW drivers give a v sign when they can't get past other road hoggers..( coming from a ex-BMW owner ).
Should we start a trend or am I being silly and a show-off?
There will be plenty of Evoques in the near future, the novelty will die out and the DC 100 will be the new stud... So for the time being should we just be happy with what we have got and acknowledge our fellow Evoques.... Anyone up for starting up a trend.... 'Thumbs up'Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up sounds cool to me.....
What do you feel about it???

Sure thing...being in London....I may pass you on the roads....Ill give a thumbs up!
Good idea, bring back the old days. I do find I get a wave now & again in the MG.
I waved at a couple of RRE's when I drove into London the other day and they looked at me like I was mad!
I almost flashed my lights and waved at a nice grey Dynamic coming towards me today but then thought he would think Im weird as I was driving a mini and don't even get my Evoque for another several weeks!! I just get excited when I see one

I think it would be nice to give fellow Evoquees a thumbs up
(21-01-2012 08:12pm)Firenze Wrote: [ -> ]I almost flashed my lights and waved at a nice grey Dynamic coming towards me today but then thought he would think Im weird as I was driving a mini and don't even get my Evoque for another several weeks!! I just get excited when I see one

I think it would be nice to give fellow Evoquees a thumbs up

+1, on a couple of occasions I've seen one on the road, was about to flash headlights and give a hearty thumbs up and realised I'm not yet in my Evoque. Doh.
Left mine park on the street only to come find a group of people taking pictures next to lol. Had a big smile, watching them flee when they realised it's my car hehehe
Reference URL's